pre-op visit - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-05-2002, 05:02 AM
pre-op visit

Make that food, not ffo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 06:46 AM
pre-op visit

Well it is nice to see that I am thinking and acting like everyone else. My DH is worried about not having enough food. We cleaned out the pantry yesterday and he could not believe we had so much food. Painting starts today. I hope. I have lunch duty at school and girl scouts to after school. Will I be able to get everything done? Barb
Unread 03-05-2002, 07:52 AM
pre-op visit

I only recently learned I had to have surgery. I had just met the new surgeon and he asked "when do you want to have this done?" I had one week to decide on a date with the possibility of moving it up if necessary. (Had to wait for test results ovarian vs. uterine tumor). The next ten days were a blur. Got cleared for vacation and had the best 8 days away with my family. Began bleeding again the day we returned. I am now scheduled for the 12 of March. The first week of waiting for a diagnosis were awful. Then waiting for a surgery date, but vacation was pure fun and laughs. Now with one week to go I have cleaned everything that isn't moving. The cats are next. I had a to do list 5 pages long and couldn't sleep until it was mostly done. Now with one week to go I am having great sleep and looking forward to the big day being behind me. Good luck to the rest of you and have good healing thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 09:24 AM
pre-op visit

I go in on Monday,

Have no cleaning to do. DH does the grocery shopping and cooking so I don't have to worry about that, but I will still go to the grocery store with him and stock up on the fruits and juices that I want. Haven't found the nightgown I want for the hospital yet have about everything else. Preops all done.

DH and I have to drive to Hospital this weekend since we know where it is but not really sure where we have to be. It's a large place.

I'M READY mentally at least.
Unread 03-05-2002, 11:07 AM
pre-op visit

Hi barb,
My surgery was 2-27 I had LAVH w|bladder and rectal repairs I was home 2-28 by 5 p.m.
My vitals were good - didn`t have too much pain- peed after cath removal and was up and walking.
I was glad to be home - But that`s me
If your are not ready in one day say so ( my doc asked if I felt I was ready)
Everyone is different - not better - so what`s good for one is not for another God Bless Lucy2

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register