14 Days to Go... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

14 Days to Go... 14 Days to Go...

Unread 03-04-2002, 09:07 PM
14 Days to Go...

Hello my sisters,

I find myself up this late hour because of pain and nerves. I know that my TAH/BSO will be helping me in the long run, but this waiting and wondering is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

My birthday is in seven days and I have my pre-op testing @ the hospital that day. Hey, my daughter will be in school and I would be alone all day, so I really don't mind having something to do.

I cleaned my house like a nut last week and still have more to do. Now I have a kick to paint certain rooms and walls and change my comforter and all that. I love to decorate anyway and since I'll be spending a lot of time on my throne (my bed) I want to look at something nice.

I do have a few questions, so if any sisters have any answers, please post to me.

I was wondering if I'm going to bleed after the TAH?

What happens at the time of the month when I'm supposed to have my period and I don't get it? How will my body react?

I've had my period since age 9, and I've always felt that release when it finally came. Will I feel this release after the TAH?

I have to ask my dr. these questions also, but I wanted to hear from women who have been through it.

This waiting is so frustrating. I want to go in tomorrow if I could. I already have some things packed for the castle. Any other suggestions for my suitcase?

I am sending my "Strength of Heart" to all my sisters,
looking forward to hearing from you....and thanks for listening.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2002, 09:53 PM
One week to go and nervous too!

I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I've got a week to go for my TAH/BSO/Gall Bladder removal and it's starting to hit me.

I'm like you we're I've been cleaning and working hard so I don't have to lay there thinking that something needs to be done.
Just try to stay focused and ask your lots of questions.

This site has helped me so much and each time I log on I learn something else that helps me through this.

Just remember you won't be having pain all the time...it's worth it!

Hang in there and the more you get done now, the less you'll have to do later !!

Take Care,
Unread 03-05-2002, 04:16 AM
14 Days to Go...

Hi
Great questions...I don't know the answers but I have added them to my list of questions for my pre-opp and doctors appt. today.
I love this site...so many great tips and great questions!!
Good luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 01:34 PM
14 Days to Go...

I got the cleaning bug before surgery also..I figured it sure wasn't that pre baby delivery "nesting" thing,so I just went with the flow and had the rugs done,and the house was practically sterilized.. I took a toothbrush and scrubbed around the faucets,for gods sake,thats how bad I got..

now,on my 6th postop day,I don't care what the downstairs looks like..can't make it downstairs,anyways,so why worry about it..I have one thing to recommend besides the shower chair..actually,we just stuck one of the plastic/resin lawn chairs from the summer in my shower,and it was fine..

a portable toilet!! first night home,with no chair rail to pull up with,it was tough to get out of bed..by the time hubby had felt me move,and was on his way around the bed to help me,I had lost control and peed all over the floor..thank heavens we had a small area rug there!! Dan just rolled it up and said, honey,you're as bad as the dogs

We had had a portable potty chair from the days of my bad disc,when I could not bear weight or stand at all..he resurrected it out of the basement,installed it 3 steps from my bed,and it sure saved the floor for the next 3 days...I had absolutely little to no bladder control..once the urge was there,everything just flowed out about 5 seconds later..

I am now happy to report that the potty chair has been empty for the past several days,and control is slowly coming back.. it was one of my main fears,I'd end up in Depends at 48...

Cynthia

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register