Pre Op | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-05-2002, 04:11 AM
Pre Op

Had my pre-op yesterday. Hubby was with. Doc answered all my questions. March 12 having TAH/BSO. Like most of you I have been cleaning the house like crazy. I think it is rather humorous. You think I would have better things to do than clean a house. I should be doing other things that I enjoy doing since that will be on hold for awile. Never thought I would be nesting. My hubby will take good care of me. My 3 daughters (24, 23, 21) will spoil me. I guess I will relax and enjoy that part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 04:50 AM
Pre Op

Sounds like you have a wonderful support system in place! And by all means, let everyone spoil you for awhile, after all how often does that happen? I can't explain the nesting thing, but it is silly to think that we are driven to clean house! I wish you the best of luck with your castle visit. Keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Unread 03-05-2002, 04:56 AM
Pre Op

Lucky for you to have 3 girls that age, I'm sure they'll handle everything. Best of Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 05:01 AM
Pre Op

Lucky for you to be able to clean the house. My DH is a stay at home DH and keeps our house so clean I can't find anything to do. All I ever do in the house is give the dog his long walks and iron my clothes. Lately it's been too cold to take the dog for his long walks so I'm just hanging out dwelling on Monday.
Unread 03-05-2002, 05:51 PM
Pre Op

Anaid
This would be a good time to get books assembled that you might want to read, crossword puzzles and anything that will help to occupy you when you come home. Check out a few recipes, my dh and I did some cooking together for the first 10 days and it was fun to work together in the kitchen. We did some special recipes that we never could get to as we both work full time. It just takes a little organization, think about a few activities that you might enjoy those first few days while being a new .

Unread 03-05-2002, 06:28 PM
Pre Op

Hi Debbie! That is wonderful that you have 3 grown girls to help you out. Im sure they will do a great job. I have a 17 year old daughter and she was a big help to me. I know the mothers of small children have alot more to worry about. Believe me, the house will get cleaned and everyone will eat. Doing all that nesting is just a way to release nervous energy. Now could you see a man doing all that before his surgery? I think not! All I did was make sure all the bills that needed to be paid in about a 2 week period were written out. My husband can cook and clean but he has no clue as to what bill is due and when.
Good luck with everything. Enjoy letting others take care of you! MB

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register