Hey,I'm home and I made it.. | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hey,I'm home and I made it.. Hey,I'm home and I made it..

Unread 03-05-2002, 10:15 AM
Hey,I'm home and I made it..

Sorry,it's taken me this long to be able to sit for a bit..didn't have the easiest time with recovery,but am not going to scare the ladies out there waiting.

Needless to say,I had surgery on Feb 27th,a Wednesday,and went home on Friday afternoon..am just catching up today on everything from the past week here on the boards..

I'm so worried about the wifey,the one in the Air Force? I swear,if I didn't have 15 staples and was a BIT sore(okay,I'm a mess ) I'd be out there in a heartbeat.. thank heavens for my husband and the fact he is able to take time off when he wanted,I never,NEVER would have made it thru without him and all his patience..yes,he's an orthopedic surgeon,and I was very safe with him being with me,but he also turned out to be an outstanding nurse..

lots of men get freaked out by bodily functions,especially if they are something never seen before,no matter how long you have been together..my worst day was Thursday..hormonal fluctuation,blood pressure shot all to hell,reactions to all pain meds except Tylenol,sinus infection,fever,endless puking,oh,I shudder to recall..

there I stood,being held up by my husband,too weak to go to the bathroom,nurses couldn't find a bedpan,so he found me an extra plastic water pitcher..picture me standing there,shaking,teeth chattering,peeing into a water pitcher,while simultaneously crying and vomiting into a basin..I was less than appealing,to put it mildly..he just stands there,holding me up,all the while saying,hey,it's okay babe,I love you..you're doing great,this is all normal..

I kept thinking,no matter what our differences,or arguments,or problems were over the years,or even the very day before surgery,it all boiled down to..he was right there for me at my worst...it may not be true love like you see in the movies,but I"ll take it any day

So glad to see the others made it thru with me..to the ones waiting,yes,it can be hairy..but it does get better as each day goes on..I cannot stress your support people strongly enough..

This is to let everyone know I'm okay..to thank everyone SO MUCH for all their words of support..and a huge,huge,thank you to my husband,Dan..he may not be Brad Pitt,but he sure is there when you need him
Honey,I love you..and love to all of you here...

Cynthia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 10:21 AM
Princess Cynthia

Welcome home, Cynthia! Glad you're feeling better and recovering well. Your dh sounds like a Prince! Sending you healing thoughts and best wishes
Ruthie
Unread 03-05-2002, 10:23 AM

For the record,I had fibroid tumors,adenomyosis,a left ovary tangled around my colon in scar tissue and endometriosis(they took it),scar tissue all over the place,and endometriosis..they cleaned me up as best they could,and wrapped the right ovary in collagen,to try and prevent future scarring or adhesions..I have about an 8 inch incision on top the bikini line,plus an internal one you can't see running up to my navel..sort of like an inverted "T"..plus 15 lovely staples,which Dan is taking out tomorrow.

Also have a huge area of lovely,technicolor bruises,and black eyes...

Hey! Where's my crown?????? *feeling on top of head*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 10:34 AM

Hi Granny Moon,
so glad to hear that your recovery is moving right along. Your dh sounds like great guy....I am so glad you have that kind of support! You are so right about true love and what is really means for better or worse! I have a great dh, we have had our trials and such....but he would be there holding the water pitcher or emesis basin...what ever it took! Take care Granny Moon and thanks for sharing with all of us LIW!
Unread 03-05-2002, 01:04 PM

Welcome Home Princess Cynthia
I am so glad to hear that you are home, and doing well.
Remember your Princess training, be sure and get lots of and lots of water and juice, and take short little s for recovery.
Your DH sounds wonderful, so continue to enjoy being pampered.
Take Care
Unread 03-05-2002, 01:17 PM

I also had my surgery on the 27th. Sorry you had such a hard recovery. Sounds like you have a wonderful husband. I am lucky enough to have one of those too.
Take care
Tracy
Unread 03-05-2002, 06:18 PM
Welcome Home!!

Glad to see your post, I was wondering how you were feeling.

Wifey's DH is coming home for her surgery, she posted about it a few days ago, so no worries...he will be at the side of his . I had been concerned for her too!

I hope you have a speedy and uneventful recovery

's
Bev
Unread 03-05-2002, 06:59 PM

Glad that you are home, take it easy rest and drink lots. Glad that your hubby is a good man. Hope mine will do as well. You've given me encouragement. thanks and good luck.

Hugs
Lisa Ado
Unread 03-06-2002, 04:36 AM

I cannot believe it's been a week, Cyn! I too have purty bruises on my arms...thank goodness the swelling went down though!

Yay, we are es!!

Sara
Unread 03-06-2002, 05:06 AM
Welcome Home!

Well, I'm pre and going through some hormonal swings and you got me teary-eyed . I'm sorry you had such a rough time of it but glad you had your dh there by your side . You never know what they're up to handling until the time comes. I have one of those and I know he's going to be my strongest support at home, in addition to my cyber "sisters" support. Get lots of rest and take advantage of the pampering - you deserve it!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register