Help!! I Don't Know What To Think - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help!!  I Don't Know What To Think Help!! I Don't Know What To Think

Unread 03-06-2002, 05:06 AM
Help!! I Don't Know What To Think

I too had incredible bleeding most of the time, and constant pain. I am 53, so after a trial of hormones to try to control bleeding, and being peri menopausal, my gyn thought a D&C with endometrial ablation would help lessen the bleeding. I had that done in Nov 2001. Pathology came back with precancerous cells in the D&C, so I opted for a TVH. I knew that I had one fibroid on the outside of the uterus that could be felt on my annual exam. My pathology after my hyst showed extensive adenomyosis (almost 2 inches into the uterine muscle) and multiple small fibroids in the muscle of the uterus. I am so glad that I made this decision now, as I would have had to have it done later anyway with these processes going on. I was bleeding to the point of anemia and the pain was part of daily life. I feel so free now. I did not keep my ovaries, that was my decision to clean house while he was in there. I felt so good the day after my surgery, my quality of life is tons better than before! I wish you the best in your decision. A second opinion can't hurt, it is important to be informed. However, I too had total trust in my gyn and decided not to pursue a second opinion. One of the best things I have done for myself!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2002, 06:12 AM

I had an Ultrasound done showed ovarian cysts and a fibroid. that was last Feb. in July DR did a lap removed scar tissue and ovarian cysts, couldn't remove fibroid too large and wanted ultrasound redone in 3 months. I put it off until Jan. This time the pelvic ultrasound hurt me. When I went back to the Dr the cysts were back on my ovaries and the fibroid she said had grown, which I knew cause of the pain and pressure. So next Monday it's time to get rid of it all. That's why I'm having it all removed.
Unread 03-06-2002, 06:29 AM
surgery?

I hear what you are saying, I am 4 weeks post, TAH BSO vertical incision for adeno. and enlarged 'pitted' uterus. I was bleeding 15 days each month, alot of pain and cramping and back aches. My DR attempted a procedure in his office to get a scraping of the inside of my uterus but was unsuccessful so he did a D&C and the path. report showed that I had adeno.
My opinion is that there are ways to get this diagnosis and I would explore all of my options first.
On the other hand, I feel great, no pain, no bleeding, threw all of my pads away and look forward to a full recovery and better days. I'm glad I did this and you will be too if this is the decision you make.
Ardith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2002, 08:31 PM

Hi there. I can relate. I've been having bad pain for the past couple of years. I was also bleeding almost daily but I had an endometrial ablation done last April and that took care of the bleeding problem. At the same time as my ablation my doc did a lap, d&c and a hysteroscopy. Also had vaginal and regular ultrasounds done. Doc still can't find what is causing my pain so he says that he suspects it is adenomyosis. I've finally agreed to go ahead and have the hysterectomy. I am scheduled for TAH on March 21. I am 36 (will be 37 this Friday). I have 2 teenage boys and a 9 yr old step daughter so our family is complete. Believe me, having 2 teenagers in the house is enough to make any woman say PLEASE TAKE IT OUT NOW!!!!
You should talk it over with DH and think about how much better you will feel when your not having pain all the time. Best wishes to you.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register