Date set, Date cancelled, Insurance woes | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Date set, Date cancelled, Insurance woes Date set, Date cancelled, Insurance woes

Unread 03-05-2002, 05:17 PM
Date set, Date cancelled, Insurance woes

Hi,

Well, I've joined the ranks of those who had a date for the castle and then it was broken. It was to have been March 15th but now will be sometime between April 5th-12th.

It is a good thing this is kind of funny, cause otherwise I would be mad. I have dealt with collections from insurance companies for 27 years, so I know they can be a pain. This really tops it for me!!! They said I had to sign a sterilization release form and then wait 30 days before surgery. Can you imagine???? Like I would want to get pregnant at age 54. The 30 days is for me to have time to change my mind. They said if my husband had a vasectomy, then it would be O.K. The nurses told them my age and that I am a divorcee, but no such luck. The doctors are a bit upset. I just laughed and signed the dumb form.

Both the gyn and my M.D. feel that the operation should be asap. They said that there is a high risk that there is cancer and the biopsy was useless. Thanks to you ladies, I don't feel as frightened about all of it now. Anyway, I've had it and I am going to drive down to Las Vegas tomorrow to visit my sister. I need a break.

Hope to hear from you soon. God bless and 's to all of you going to the castle this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 05:25 PM

{{{{SHARON}}}}

That is pretty ridiculous!!!!! I'm sorry you have to wait, but sometimes things work out for the best....who knows!

Sounds like a great idea to get away if you can...enjoy your break!

Karen
Unread 03-05-2002, 05:52 PM

Big to Sharina! That form really does sound ridiculous. Thank God you have this website for support and it's a GREAT sounding board. Take comfort in knowing that the waiting is the hardest part, but then once the surgery is over, it's all downhill from there. I had a TAH/BSO on 2/13 and I'm feeling better every day.

Blessings to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2002, 08:18 PM

Sharina......so sorry to hear about your delay!!! Would it make you feel any better to know there are quite a few of us out here who have had to suffer through rescheduling?!?!

My doctor broke her hip a few weeks before my surgery date of 2/26!!!! I had to start over with her associate!!!! The good news is I like him better and his whole approach to this surgery was much more informative..........so sometimes it does work out for the best.

That form sounds ridiculous for someone who is no longer of childbearing age!!! They have a similar form here in california for any patient who is on Medicare/Medicaid no matter what age must sign..........

Have a nice/safe trip we will both be princesses soon!
Unread 03-11-2002, 07:11 PM
Date Set!!!!

I'm back from Las Vegas. It sure helped to get away for a little. Thank you all so much for responding. Your replies were so very helpful. It is funny how things do work out for the best. Dianna, thanks for your encouragement and I pray for the best for you--I am glad it worked out for your new doctor. Having confidence in your doctor is so important. I don't know my surgeon very well, although he is very nice and kind, but, my M.D. is going to assist. As far as I am concerned, he is THE BEST!!!! That helps with the fear of this surgery. I can tell that I am going to be a real big as time gets closer to my date at the castle. I am sure I will be posting often. Sorry, I seem to talk more when I am afraid. I hope all of you will be patient with me. KarenL and SugarB, thanks for your words of comfort. This site has been such a great blessing to me. I have a lot of catching up now though-haven't read anything since I left for LV on Wednesday. Oh, by the way, my castle date is April 9th!!!

's and er's for all sisters going to the castle tomorrow & the 13th!!! Special hugs to you LissaLee. Thank you for answering my other posts.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register