Trying to be Brave but, | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trying to be Brave but, Trying to be Brave but,

Unread 03-06-2002, 08:19 AM
Trying to be Brave but,

Dear Sisters,
Tomorrow is my day. I'm trying to be brave but, I'm still a little scared. I hate going under. I done it so many times but it never gets any easier. Also, I am sneezing and my eyes are watering because I can't take my Zrytec. I hope they let me take it in the hospital. I'm taking it with me just in case they let me. The good news I don't have to do the bowel prep. When the Doc said that I jumped for joy. And, beleive me I don't feel like jumping much these days. He just said he broth all day and water and some prune juice to have BM and that;s it. We have to be at the castle by 5am and the surgery is at 7:30a.m. One of my Hystersisters Brenda Lee sugguested I request a suite. Well I tried and they don't call them suits here they are private rooms and they are first come first serverd. So, I know this may be silly but, I'm praying for a private room. I just really need one. Never had one. Wish me luck on that one. Please pray for me I really beleive it helps. In a couple of weeks I will be back to say it's over and I could not have done it without this site and all of you. God put a special person in my path with this address and I thank him for showing me the way. LoveandPrayers Suzanne9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2002, 12:41 PM
Trying to be Brave but,

Hey my Florida Sister! I was raised down near where you are.

Don't you worry, everything will be just fine. I will be praying for you and thinking good thoughts, okay?

Email is always on!

Sara
Unread 03-06-2002, 01:58 PM
Be a strong sister!!

We will all be post op so soon what a wonderful thought!!

Your sister in Hyster,
Bev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2002, 03:59 PM
Hang in there

Hang in there Sis!

We are all here with you. It will all be over before long and you'll be just fine!:dance2: Try to relax and not get too stressed. You'll need your strength to recover and soon you will be placing your shiney new crown upon your head! to you! and let us know how things went.
Unread 03-06-2002, 04:48 PM
Trying to be Brave but,

Hi Suzanne!

I wish you the best for your surgery tomorrow! The waiting is almost over for you.

It was very hard for me to focus on anything the day before my castle visit - I was a bundle of nerves.

I am sending big hugs and prayers for you; I hope you do get a private room, sweetie!

Please post back here on the Post Op side when you get home and are feeling up to letting us know how everything went for you!

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))
Unread 03-06-2002, 04:59 PM
Being Nervous is Perfectly Normal

Hi Suzanne,

First of all, lots of 's sent your way. I can only say I was a complete wreck on that Monday when I went in, but I made sure I told the anesthesiologist when he called the night before. Because I wasn't nervous about the surgery, I was nervous about being put under. I have only been put under 1 other time in my life and I got very sick, so I let him know that too. He made sure that he got there a little earlier and put some stuff in my IV while we were in holding that by the time I got into the OR, I remember about 5 seconds, scooting on to the gurney and my doctor telling me to think of something that made me happy, in which I told her I was thinking of my little 4 year old daughter, and then voom.... nothing until 3:00 that afternoon. That was at 9:00 a.m.

If they know your apprehensions, they will invest a little more time being sure to comfort you. Don't be afraid to be honest... there is nothing wrong with being nervous -- this is major surgery. I was also told by my nurse friends they used extra stuff that is actually put in to make you forget, so I don't remember any of it... which is a great thing. Not having a tube put in or taken out ~ or any of it. I was sooo thankful! & I did not even get sick once afterwards.

I will pray for you this evening and wish you the very best Suzanne. Please come online when you are feeling better in your recovery and let us know how you're doing!

with love,
Unread 03-06-2002, 05:03 PM
Trying to be Brave but,

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow! I'm sure you are nervous. Mine is March 11 and I am starting to get nervous!!! Hope you have a good report to give the rest of us LIW's!!!
MaryP
Unread 03-06-2002, 06:39 PM
Trying to be Brave but,

Hi Suzanne,

I'm praying that all will go well for you tomorrow, and that you won't remember a thing when you wake up. (I didn't).

Let us know how you are after you've been home for a couple of days. (But not too soon, OK?)

's

Karen
Unread 03-06-2002, 08:37 PM
Luck and More

Suzanne,

You will be in my heart all day tomorrow...

Maralyn

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register