Hello Everyone Great Site | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello Everyone Great Site Hello Everyone Great Site

Unread 03-06-2002, 11:24 AM
Hello Everyone Great Site

Hi everyone I found this site a couple of weeks ago it is great. I will give you a little history about myself. I am 30 years old, I have had 2 Laps done one in '94 and another done in 2000. I have severe Endometriosis that has caused me a lot of pain over the years. I have been through all the drugs Lupron, Etc.......
I have no children. My husband and I have been trying for a long time to become pregnant and we have decided to adopt a child after my surgery. I will be going in for my surgery on March 11, 2002. I'm going to have a TAH BSO. I have almost everything ready. My mom is going to come down for three weeks. I hope this is enough time for me to recover to where I can do things on my own. Has anyone here had any complications with their surgery? My doctor told me of all kinds of things going wrong. I'm pretty sure that I will come out of surgery fine. I am so excited about finally being out of pain that I would be willing to take my chances. I want to thank everyone on this site for being here. This site has helped me so much. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2002, 11:55 AM
Hello Everyone Great Site

Hi, I just wanted to say "good luck" on your surgery day. I'm having my TAH on friday(8th) so will be recovering @ the same time, I thought it might be nice to have someone to email back & forth that's going threw the same thing? I'm getting pretty nervous now, I was okay until last night it started to hit.I'm not afraid of the actual surgery, I've been threw that before (2 minor ones for fx. wrist & ankle) but this is my first major surgery,and I'm really only afraid right now of being in pain.I'm a nurse and I've seen some folks go threw so much pain, and it basically comes down to your doctor,are they the "I don't want to sign my name for two many narcotics". or "I believe in making my patients comfortable". I hope my doctor is the latter of the two. But anyway, good luck,and I'll be thinking about you. mari burket. If you should want to email me @ home = mburket@hotmail.com.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register