4 Weeks Post-Op LAVH & Feeling Great! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Weeks Post-Op LAVH & Feeling Great! 4 Weeks Post-Op LAVH & Feeling Great!

Unread 03-06-2002, 12:43 PM
4 Weeks Post-Op LAVH & Feeling Great!

My castle stay was not great but not totally awful, either. Ended up staying 2 nights because of nausea. I was SO glad to get home to comfort! The first couple of days I took a lot of Advil since the Darvoset that was prescribed didn't really help and seemed to be causing constipation. Every night I took some Milk of Magnesia to keep things soft. During the day I took a liquid antacid for the gas and it worked great. I drank a lot of water and took it easy. Walking is good, but the first couple of days I think you need more rest than walk. If you consider walking to be just getting up and around once in a while, then yes, walk. But walking around the block, depending on how you feel, can be saved until later in the week, I think. An important tip: if you use Prep.H on a regular basis, try to remember to pack it for the castle stay--it may help you to get things moving the next day and be less painful. Wish I had taken mine!

I did end up with a yeast infection Seems like every time I'm on antibiotics, I end up with one. Nurse prescribed a pill for it and it was gone--YAY!

I'm lucky to have a very helpful DH. It was also a good idea to have fixed a couple of dishes and put them in the freezer for quick and easy reheating. I also had my Dear Mother bringing me yummy, but healthy takeout. My 3-yr-old daughter was very thoughtful about not climbing on me. Plus her daddy helped keep her busy. This man deserves a medal!

I was back to work part-time at 2 1/2 weeks and I'm glad I did half days for a few days because I was real tired by afternoon. The third week at work full-time was ok. Just some low back pain by end of day. The same for the fourth week, so I just go home after work and rest. Looking forward to a normal life (whatever normal is!). Seriously, I'd been in pain for so long it was difficult just to walk. I've DEFINITELY gotten my libido back and looking forward to In fact, it's been difficult waiting the full 6 weeks, but DH and I have been able to do other things Considering it's been since November, I'm sure you can understand what I mean. Of course, reading romance novels during recovery didn't help!

I'm so looking forward to no more periods. I haven't gotten used to the idea yet. Although I did see a commercial on TV for tampons and started crying tears of joy at the thought of never having to buy them again!

Good luck all LIWs. You will be so glad you did it.

Vicki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2002, 02:38 PM
4 Weeks Post-Op LAVH & Feeling Great!

Thanks for the report and the encouraging words, Vicki. Your DH sounds like a doll! Mine is wonderful too, thank goodness.

I hope your recovery keeps proceeding smoothly. Can't wait to join you in princesshood!

Melissa

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register