HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Reply

Vaginal cuff biopsy Vaginal cuff biopsy

Thread Tools
  #1  
Unread 07-28-2013, 12:16 AM
Vaginal cuff biopsy

PLEASE SISTERS, IF YOU CAN GIVE ME YOUR INPUT, I WOULD BE GRATEFUL. JULY 24 I WENT FOR MY 6 MONTH VISIT WITH THE GYN ONCOLOGIST. I WAS DIAGNOSED IN JAN WITH STAGE 1 GRADE 1A ENDOMETRIAL CANCER. SURGERY WAS THE ONLY TREATMENT. I HAD A YEAST INFECTION A MONTH AGO, AND THE NURSE PRACTITIONER SAID MY VAGINAL CUFF LOOKED GOOD. AS SOON AS THE DR. HAD THE SPECULUM INSIDE OF ME HE SAID "I NEED TO BIOPSY THIS." THE AREA HE HAD TO BIOPSY WAS IN THE VAGINAL CUFF. (THE AREA WHERE CANCER IS MOST LIKELY TO REOCCUR). HE SAID IT IS MOST LIKELY A GRANULOMA. I ASKED WHAT THE PROTOCOL WAS IF IT TURNS OUT TO BE CANCER. HE SAID CHEMO AND RADIATION. THIS WAITING IS JUST TOO HARD. COULD THE INFECTION CAUSE THIS? IS IT PROBABLY A REOCCURANCE. HAS ANYONE HAD AN EXPERIENCE LIKE THIS. THE WEB SAID THAT IF IT IS GRANULOMA TISSUE THAT WOULD BE NOTED ON THE 6 WEEK FOLLOW UP. AND THE NURSE LAST MONTH DID NOT SEE ANYTHING. COULD THE INFECTION BE HIDING IT? WHY WOULD I HAVE BEEN TOLD 6 MONTHS AGO THAT IT WAS 95% CHANCE I WAS CURED? THE CANCER WAS FOUND AFTER THE SURGERY WHEN THE PATH REPORT CAME BACK. NO LYMPH NODES WERE TAKEN. THE CT OF PELVIC AND ABD WERE NORMAL. ANY ANY ANY FEEDBACK WOULD BE WONDERFUL. I AM NOT SURE HOW TO NAVIGATE THIS SITE, SO I HOPE I CAN FIND YOUR RESPONSES. I'M SORRY THIS IS SO LONG, I'M JUST A LITTLE FREAKED OUT. I HAVE GREAT FAITH, AND IF IT HAS REOCCURRED, I WILL HAVE THE STRENGTH TO GET THRO, IT'S JUST THE WAITING THAT IS CAUSING ANXIETY.
  #2  
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:55 AM
Re: Vaginal cuff biopsy

and :

What a horrible situation to be in. And waiting really stinks!!

I don't have any words of wisdom for you, but didn't want you 'to be alone' here.

Hopefully one of the others will be along soon with some info, or they have been in a similar situation.

As I said waiting stinks. Even if the news is not so good, at least then you and your can start making plans.



  #3  
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Re: Vaginal cuff biopsy

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojumo View Post
...WHY WOULD I HAVE BEEN TOLD 6 MONTHS AGO THAT IT WAS 95% CHANCE I WAS CURED?...
A 95% chance that you were cured means that there's a 5% chance you weren't cured. 95% means that if there were 20 women in your exact same situation, 19 would turn out to be cured and one would not be.

So, yeah, you could have bad luck and be that one woman out of twenty who wasn't cured.

However, it sounds as if your doc hasn't done the biopsy yet. Until the biopsy's done and the path reports are back, you don't know if you've got a recurrence of cancer or not. So you might still be one of the 19 women who *were* cured.
  #4  
Unread 07-28-2013, 08:35 AM
Re: Vaginal cuff biopsy

Mojuma

First breath. It sounds as if your Dr is being very proactive which is what you need at this time.

Second breath. You don't know yes or no at this time so try not to panic. I know that is very, very difficult but unfortunately it will not change the outcome.. Ask your Dr for something to help you get through the anious waiting period.

There are ladies here who have had recurrences and have had different treatments so hopefully they can shed some light on that. I don't know if the infection would have hidden things or not, that is something to ask your Dr.

Here's hopes and prayes for a clean biopsy.

as you wait.
  #5  
Unread 07-28-2013, 04:34 PM
Re: Vaginal cuff biopsy

It is very hard to wait on test results. I had some granulation so have a bit of a lumpy cuff from the slow healing and scar tissue. My doctor also wasn't sure if the lumps he felt during the manual portion if the pelvic exam were scar tissue or the tumor for which I was receiving chemo and radiation. It was after a PET scan that I was cleared. Sounds like your doctor does not think that it is cancer but is checking to make sure. A granuloma is just a lump of normal tissue (I didn't realize this from your description so I looked it up). In my brief search granulomas in the lungs can be caused by an infection, but I didn't see anything for a vaginal cuff one way or the other. Don't hesitate to follow-up with your doctor before your next appointment if you have questions now that you've had time to process everything a bit. Sounds like you had a huge unexpected shock during the exam given the news you got just a month prior.
  #6  
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Re: Vaginal cuff biopsy

I don't have any experience to share, but I wanted to echo what the others have said. A very dear sister here used to say, "Never waste a good panic."

  #7  
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:05 PM
Re: Vaginal cuff biopsy

Sending you calming thoughts and hugs. Wishing you the best of luck that your test come back clear. Wishing you well!
  #8  
Unread 07-30-2013, 02:17 PM
Re: Vaginal cuff biopsy

Hi Mojumo,
I just wanted to offer a ((((( hug ))))). Waiting really is the hardest part! I hope that you will have a definitive answer soon and that you will get some good news.
  #9  
Unread 07-30-2013, 02:26 PM
Re: Vaginal cuff biopsy

I also just wanted to offer you a hug of comfort. I don't have any words of wisdom because I haven't been in your situation but I offer you words of Faith. Don't worry or lose sleep over something you don't have all the information for yet. Pray for your peace of mind and a great report from the doctor.
  #10  
Unread 10-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Re: Vaginal cuff biopsy

Just read your odt I hope all is well
Reply

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.




Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
From This Forum From Other Forums
18 Replies, Last Reply 12-23-2012, Started By vcaz
4 Replies, Last Reply 01-15-2009, Started By Gewels
7 Replies, Last Reply 12-22-2008, Started By Ialwaysworry
7 Replies, Last Reply 08-25-2008, Started By teralin
34 Replies, Last Reply 07-31-2008, Started By hawleyanubis
7 Replies, Last Reply 05-26-2008, Started By strongredhead
10 Replies, Last Reply 03-31-2008, Started By dada2
6 Replies, Last Reply 08-15-2006, Started By SusaKay
8 Replies, Last Reply 03-08-2006, Started By vanriper
10 Replies, Last Reply 12-22-2005, Started By votelady
10 Replies, Separate Surgeries
4 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
0 Reply, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
4 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
2 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
4 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
5 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)
8 Replies, Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)


Hysterectomy News

October 25,2014

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters CheckingIn October - No Leaks For YOU
This month's newsletter features information for urinary incontinence including treatment options and pro-active prevent ... News Archive

LATEST BLOG POST:

Special Values

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays

UPCOMING EVENTS

Pre-Op Chat 9 pm eastern Oct.30

I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  


Advertisement


Featured Videos

Dr. Bruce Bonn answers: My mother died of ovarian cance...

Dr. Richardson of Simmons Cancer Center, UT Southwester...

Dr. Debra Richardson explains the symptoms of ovarian c...

Dr. Debra Richardson answers questions about the risk f...

HysterSisters App Store Android app on Google Play


Advertisement