March 21 date | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

March 21 date March 21 date

Unread 03-06-2002, 08:17 PM
March 21 date

Anyone else out there with the same surgery date? And anyone from North Carolina?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 05:30 AM
March 21 date

Hi Txvalentine

If you look at the top of the page, you will see a series of little icon boxes; click on the one that says "calendar" and you will be able to view a list of others with the same surgery date as yours.

Best wishes and s
Unread 03-07-2002, 08:35 AM
March 21 date

I'm not in NC (Atlanta) but I have the same date scheduled and I'm starting to get a little crazy. I thought once the decision was made that I was fine, but the closer I get, the more nervous I become. I've been cleaning everything (including my office) and I'm getting ready to paint over the weekend. I've really been pushing myself and I feel like a crazed idiot sometimes. Having a little trouble sleeping already. Also have a hard time focusing at work. Aand I'm second guessing myself now and then. Whew!! I had no intention of going on and on.... How about you? Any of the same stuff going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 12:17 PM
March 21 date

SDinAcworth,
I know exactly what you are saying. I feel like I might as well be off work now because when I'm there I can't focus. I spend most of my time on this website(don't tell my boss,lol). I thought I was doing pretty good but I had my pre-op yesterday and that made it seem real. Now i'm getting pretty scared. My DH is a great support and assures me that everything will be fine. I'll just be so glad when it's over.
Unread 03-07-2002, 12:32 PM
March 21 date

Hi, fellow March 21st surgery princesses. I just scheduled my surgery on Monday, so I won't have much time to prepare. I felt the same way about thinking that once I made the decision things would get easier. Wrong.. Last night I was really uspet wondering if I had acted to soon. But, then today, I got some of those terrible cramps and said, yes, I made the right decision. I will be driving three hours for my surgery. Need to be at the hospital at 9 AM. I am from South Dakota! Best wishes ladies..glad to know I won't be alone on my date.
Unread 03-07-2002, 01:32 PM
March 21 date

It's probably better that you don't have much time to prepare!! I'm driving myself nuts. Cleaning, painting, re-decorating, buying new furniture. Worrying about complications. The one thing I don't have to worry about is what I'll do when I get home. My kids are 20 and 22, and DH is taking almost 2 weeks off to take care of me. I'll probably send him back to work early, tho' because he'll drive me crazy!! :O)

This web site has been GREAT for me and it's nice to know there'll be others going through it at the same time and people here who understand. Good luck to both of you (Stac and TX)!!!!! And all the other LIW!!!

Susan

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register