Can u think of anything you are more disgusted with? I can | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can u think of anything you are more disgusted with?  I can Can u think of anything you are more disgusted with? I can

Unread 03-07-2002, 03:20 AM
Can u think of anything you are more disgusted with? I can

Lydia venting/BUt Coping

Disgust you say? Disgust over the healthcare system,disgust that my file, my chart with everything they had for the surgery was sitting on a desk to do follow up on for 4 weeks. Yeah, i would say i am totally disgusted.

I would like to puch somebody out. I like to start with the lady in admissions who said she never got authorization for my surgery when in fact she had it a week ago when i came in for my pre-op appointment. I am angry more than you will ever begin to know.
My life has been turned upside down and inside out. Why do i keep fighting? I don't know? What keeps giving me that will to fight? Well, there are many answers to that one.

I wanted to just take my life when i heard this totally rude woman call and say your surgery has been cancelled and i could have. I have plenty of Xanax that i could have o.d. on,but i didn't.
Drained you say, ? I am more than drained. I feel now i have not even 1/2oz of energy left to fight again. Just when i thought it was over, i am starting over again. Do they think they can just jerk me around,snatch out from under me the rug and say oh,well sorry can't help you,you will just have to wait until clearance has made. I wil give them clearance all right. I hope they do the same thing they did to me to someone else,putting them through preppng for surgery and cancelling a few minutes before their office closes and then i hope they sue their pants off,take them to court and put them on national television and i don't mean locally but on CNN or something. This is , ....i can't describe what this is.What is it, anyway? I have given 4 weeks up of pay,completely broke now,fortunately i live at home,i guess they suspect i will forget it..Wrong again...I would like to hit that lady in the face who told me it was cancelled,yeah, that is what i would like to do.She was so rude to me. When people learn you are on County Insurance they treat you so cold. If i had 22,000 dollars at least , I would throw the money at them and demand the surgery be done right then and there and in a private room. Before i look at this hospital in a different light but now,huh, i don't know. Well i definitely want some questions answers, I want to know why they okayed the Surgical team,but not the surgery to be done. What idiots? How do they expect one to be authorized with out the other. Such idiots..I was yelling at the lady on the phone. She tried to say it wasn't the hospital's fault but in my mind it is. I have wanted so many times to just give up,just forget it,but now it has come to the point that I am not doing this for me,but for all the woman in the world who are out there fighting also for the Surgery,despite the pain they are in as well. YEah, it would just be my day,they would put me in jail for speaking my mind. You know,seriously i would rather be dead then have to live the life i live now. I feel trapped in prison in my own body. The other night i was sitting in the tub looking down at my belly button and all the scars from the laser surgeries i had done to try and give me relief from Endometriosis,and they only gave me 6months if that of relief and no more.Why do i keep getting turned down. ANd the Physicians wondered why i was calling in so frequently for pain meds. Then they say they don't want you to get addicted to the pain med. I'll show them addiction. I'd like them to be in agonizing pelvic pain day in and day out,working despite the pain you have and then me take pain meds away from them..Then they will see what it is like..
When my book is finally published,every doctor ,every person that i have come in contact with that put me through this humiliation,this devastation is going to get a copy,whether they read it or not,well that is them,but it will be put in the open.
Oh, OH OH, i am so mad,disgusted,angry,upset,i have beennon stop,what do i do with my life now?Who can i trust? I am so thankful i am a spiritual minded person,that is what keeps me going,but even despite that,somedays i could care less. But,that lady i want to just pummel her to the floor,take the pulp out of her and beat her senseless yeah,that is what i want to do..How angry they have made me.There obviously is a problem with our system..I wish i could get a law passed for all County Insurance people that they can never denied surgery,existing on overweight and religion and that once one person has told them it has been approved and it shows in the computer,then they have to stick to the contract,regardless. If i have to well,so be it, i will go to the supreme court and warrant it be passed just for woman such as myself. I am really considering filing disability,because my stamina,my abilty to work,cut down to 3 days a week and sometimes less than that,and not being able to physically take care of myself at times, i am sure will allow me to be covered,but in some states they don't see woman with Endometriosis as Disabled,can u believe that? it is rediculous. ANd the next doctor that says Get Pregnant is going to have it coming to him,verbally. I am so tired of hearing that expression..
Well there is more that i could say, but i won't ..Xanax is kicking in so i had better go lay down.
Love ,
Lydia, email me privately if you like that is always welcomed. Lydia2happy34@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 03:38 AM

Lydia I do so hope you are feeling a bit calmer now? You done well getting all that off your chest!!!!!!!!!! Please do not give up!!! I do not know how your system works over there in the US but in my books what they did was cruel I totally agree with how you must be feeling. Take care my friend, and keep trying.

Sue
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 03-07-2002, 03:41 AM

Dear Lydia,

Here are some great big 's, and I will be praying for you that everything will finally be straightened out with the doctors, hospital, and insurance.

I know you are angry right now (and who wouldn't be), but please remember how very important you are to all of your family, friends and sisters here, and try not to let this setback hurt you.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 03:44 AM
thank you

Yes, i feel somewhat better,that i got that off my chest, but i will be angry for awhile,until everything is dispilled out of my system.

Thanks for thinking of me and sending good thought my way.

love lydia
Unread 03-07-2002, 03:58 AM
Will come to Tampa!!!

Awwww Lydia!!!!

I can relate so much with you and the Gov healthcare system. I know the frustration and the lack of compassion these gov people can have when they have no clue. If it's any consolation remember most of the people they hire to work in the county ( not all) are from the system themselves...

If you want I will come to Tampa and help ya kick some butt!!!...LOL... I know it's hard to deal with sometime and you want to reach thru the phone and choke the living ***it out of one of them but please don't!!

Why do you not go and try to go to the medicaid system instead of the county?...Medicaid has treated me very well this time around. They haven't denied surgery or meds or treatment or anything....If we have to we could always make you come to Seminole County and live with me so we can get things done here for you!!!

Exactly who are you dealing with anyway?....e-mail me and let me know and we can see if Ican help from here...I'm still not working 6 months post and can take the time to help if you want me to..sometimes a third party can get more done than you working alone....let me know and we can see what we can do.

Remember all us seesssters are here for you!!! keep venting and don't let that anger turn inward.....lots of for you!!!

Dawn
Dtoolgrl@yahoo.com
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:13 AM

Lydia, Good Grief! Calm down, you're going to give yourself
a stroke! All this anger is not good for you. I hope you are calmer today.
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:48 AM
Disgusted

Lydia
It is not just county that denies surgery My insurance company did that to me five yrs ago Called my dr the nite before my surgery and told him they want him to do tests and more tests and to put me on drugs to induce menopause for six months My dr said NO i was too young, three kids and newly married and he was not going to put me thru that..He even asked that stupid insurance guy with the books in front of him to go on three way calilng with me so that I could tell him how miserable with pain that I was in. I had already had five surgeries to try to fix my problems and they only did so temporarily..That man said NO he did not want to hear from me and he was going by what the "books" said that he could okay a Hyst..My dr just said you'll be paying for all of these tests and in the next few yrs willl have to pay for a hyst anyways..And sure enuf ..The only reason I waited five yrs was cuz I was so afraid of getting turned down again and didn't want to go thru all of that They'd even already done all of my pre op and preadmit. My dr this time told me she'd make sure they approved I have High blood pressure so she cannot put me on bcp's or anything and they did approve it.. And two nites in hosp and my dr told me she'd get me another day IF I felt I needed it..It all depended on how I felt..My dr had this same surgery two yrs ago and she also has had prior surgeries due to problems so she knew how I was feeling ..She is so wonderful..Hang in there and keep ur chin up..Are there only certain Dr's that you can go to? How does your Dr feel about it being cancelled? Such a frustrating time to go thru
Unread 03-07-2002, 10:02 AM
Another day in our "compassionate" health care system ...

Do you know, we have 17,506 sisters registered here?

If each one gave a dollar, Lydia would be almost there.

Reading stuff like this makes me so, SO, SO glad I have no symptoms other than a little mess between periods every month. Tell ya what, the more stuff like this I read, the more I hope I just stay one of those pain-free women indefinitely ...
Unread 03-07-2002, 11:57 AM
wow:

I am at a lost for words from u all's posts:

Thank you for saying not to give up..i wish i could at times,but then i said if i gave up,then other woman wouldn't have a chance.

I don't knowI am going through quite a bit emotionallyand physically. I feel so sick,chills,nauseated..I think it is just the anguish i feel over what has happened the last few days.

Still waiting for the lady to call me from County and tell me why i have not been approved yet.

Well, i will be in touch,kind of sick today...need to go lay down.
Perhaps later will be in chat.
Bye for now,
Lydia
Unread 03-07-2002, 01:53 PM

((Lydia)) I am sooo sorry on what you are going through.I have
been denied twice for medicad because I don't meet their medical
standards.I am overweight,have type 2 diabetes,precancer of the uterusand I found out that I have a enlarged heart do to my diabetes. And I could not use that to rebutt my denial again,so I am going to refile for medicad again and hopefully I will get it.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and that you will get
your day at the hospital.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register