Can u think of anything you are more disgusted with? I can - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can u think of anything you are more disgusted with?  I can Can u think of anything you are more disgusted with? I can

Unread 03-07-2002, 02:31 PM
Can u think of anything you are more disgusted with? I can

((((((((((Dearest, sweet Lydia))))))))))))))))

In this life there are many things that will push us beyond the threshold of tolerance. Pain is one which will push us off the edge. Whether it be physical, pyschological or the ache of a broken heart , it all causes agony. In most people's lives one event can cause all of these things to invade your life. Nothing happens on one level.
Physical pain eats away at your tolerance and patience, Psychological pain destroys all the coping mechanisms that had proven themselves to us in situations past. You get confused, frustrated, angry and despondant. Emotional pain is intertwined with the first two. We begin to question all those we've ever trusted,including ourselves. We decide that there must have been some divine mix up in heaven, afterall, this kind of pain wasn't meant to be carried by one person was it? Lydia, I know how horribly hard it is to deal and cope with something of this magnitude, especially when your anger is justifiable, but....
Lets try to think of the alternative scenarios that could have gone on that day... It is obvious that you place your trust in the Lord, so will you take this walk with me?

Lydia, what if there was something wrong with the equipment that day and in the middle of your surgery that broken piece of equipment cost you your life. What if an assistant to the doctors was horribly careless and ended up giving you a deadly staff infection? Lydia, my point is, The Lord wanted you out of that situation for a very good reason. He loves you and is protecting you with his hosts of angels. I know its hard to look at this side of the coin when you are in so much agony on so many levels but trust me, no, trust God , something wasn't right and He protected you from disaster. When it is time everything will happen.
You can't give up ever. I was at the end of my rope with this stuff too and there were a couple points where I made the decision to live instead of give up. Believe me, you can't undo that kind of mistake, giving up is a bad idea. Yes, you are going to fight and you are going to win but not because its going to be a battle for all women who get screwed by this hospital in the future but because YOU deserve victory for YOU. I know, its a hard concept to grasp especially when many factions of society which are all too eager to tell you otherwise. Listen to me Lydia, you are a wonderful, beautiful, strong, intelligent woman who seeks justice for herself and for others. That is a perfectly reasonable request and one which should be honored. YOU ARE WORTH EVERY OUNCE OF ENGERY YOU PUT INTO THIS BATTLE. As for work, do as you said, take next week to blow off steam at the gym, then look for a job which will accomodate your needs but one in which you will find fulfillment at. Perhaps , volunteer at the hospital to hold the drug babies or the aids babies who no one else cares about. I know its hard to think of these things right now when you want to rip someone's head off, i've been there, but I am not interested in those other people, I am interested in you and your health and your happiness. Trust happens when you have faith in someone or something when all reason tells you to do otherwise. Put your trust in Him who knit you together in your mother's womb. He knows what tomorrow holds and it is only for your good that the surgery was cancelled. I am glad you are here to be angry instead of me mourning the loss of a friend. Selfish, I know. Please, know that I hold you closely in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 06:35 PM
Another (Florida) sister who cares...

Lydia,

So many sisters have had such great words of encouragement and comfort for you... I only want to add my best wishes and to tell you that you are in my prayers. I'm not far from you (just up I-4) so if there is anything that I can do for you, all you have to do is ask. Feel free to email me!

Rest and take care.
Janet
Unread 03-09-2002, 03:59 PM
Well I will give it another try

Hello Everyone:

Feeling once again like:sing:ing..Got scheduled once more,hopefully this time is it..

But i must tell you this, i am so afraid of getting cancelled again that i am not telling my date right now..But i will like the night before, hope you all understand.

Just can't go through that again,having to tell so many people my surgery has been cancelled.

Anyway, will keep you posted. Had a conference call with surgeon and he set it up and told me what time and what day for surgery.
I really didn't know how to respond since i still haven't gotten over the initial shock of last weeks mess. But i am glad i have another date.

They said the chewed out the person who was responsible for the whole mess. And i also am writing a letter to the Director and/or Administrator to let him know what occured,also you will be happy to know this is going in my book/novel too. People need to know what we deal with trying to get surgery accomplished.

Yes, i am over my anger,but this won't be easy to forget. Well will let you know of surgery date and time.
Thanks for your wholehearted support.
Love always,
Lydia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2002, 04:56 PM
Can u think of anything you are more disgusted with? I can

wow what a post. is this the secound time this has happened or the first. If I where you I go to er fall on the floor and let them admit you than maybe you could have your surgery done emergency tell them to contact your dr, it is clear you need help this has effected your emotions. but I would be careful talking about hurting others or yourself. they may think you are a nut case and remember you catch more flies with honey than vinegar I wouldn't make enemies just yet. Find out who cancelled. and remeber er canot turn you away. best of luck

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register