Was scheduled for surgery today ...but | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Was scheduled for surgery today ...but Was scheduled for surgery today ...but

Unread 03-07-2002, 06:03 AM
Was scheduled for surgery today ...but

My doctor's nurse called just a few days ago & told me my doctor was no longer going to perform surgeries anymore.He has an old ear injury he had to have surgery on ...which affects his hearing. I just seen him for my pre-op & then a few days later I get this call.I do understand his position & feel real bad for him. I was so comfortable with him .He did my last 2 laps because of endo.Now I have to go to a different hospital & have a different doctor do the surgery.And the hospital is an hour away.I am now scheduled for April 15 th at 9:00am. Now that I have even more anxiety then before & getting even more depressed than ever ! I just want this over with..I have had 4 laps before. but they never removed anything. I'm so tired of the pain ,heavy bleeding ,with extremely large disgusting clots.Last month I bled for 26 days straight. Thanks for letting me vent . Everyone on this site has been wonderful .I want to thank you for all the helpful information & support! Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 06:24 AM

Jo Anne, I'm sorry this happened to you!

Yet, again, another nurse/receptionist calling patients instead of the doctore themselves.

I had a 45 minute trip to the hospital and have to go back there for post-op checkups. So I can totally relate to you with that! Hubby went home and stayed there for the night. Was kinda rough for the 2 nights.

Are you comfy with the new doctor? The hospital? I would like to think that they would know the history behind you switching to them. Have you told them about what the other doctor did?

Email me if you ever want to talk.

Sara
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:33 AM
Hi Jo Anne

Ahh Sweety that is such a bad thing to happen with such a serious thing. Have you called and had a meeting with this new DR? I think I would want to see them at least one time before having surgery. Maybe it won't be so hard to go into the new castle if you know the DR at least slightly know him. Keep us posted. God Bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 07:36 AM

Hello again , Yes I have seen this other doctor twice ,he was my second opinion the last 2 surgeries I had. I called their office & explained everything. First she said he was not taking anyone new.I basically begged her ,told her I had a complicated case because I have Factor 5 Leiden which is a blood clotting disorder.She put me on hold to go talk to the doctor..came back & said he would be happy to do it for me ! He seems like such a nice guy.Later that day he personally called me back & asked me what exactly happened & which procedure I decided on.He told me he would have his nurse schedule the surgery now before my pre-op ,which is March 19th..so that it wouldn't delay it for another 2 weeks.Just 2 days later ,I received a call from his nurse with a date ! Last month when I went for my second opinion he gave me a hug before I left & said I would be ok . I'm just more paranoid because I had a really bad experience with an ob/gyn that nearly killed me.But thats a whole other long story !
Thank you so much for responding..Hugs are sent you way !!!
Unread 03-07-2002, 07:55 AM

Hi Joanne,

Would it help you know you are not alone in the cancelled/rescheduled surgery department? My doctor had an accident a couple of weeks before my original date of 2/26!!! You see in my head I should be post op NOW!!!!

I was very apprehensive about switching doctors and having to wait three weeks just to see him!!! I must say however, that this delay has been a blessing in disguise!!! I actually like his whole approach better, he wants to do an LAVH instead of abdominal, started me on new medication to relieve my symptoms which are miserable!!!! I am hoping to get a date end of March depending on someone cancelling out, otherwise end of April!!!!

I too am very sick of the waiting game, it took me a year of misery to finally agree to surgery and then it gets postponed!

Hopefully we will both be on the otherside of this board very soon! Hot flashes are starting to look good to me!!!

Please post and let us know when you are a princess!!! Wishing you all the best!!!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register