New Kid On The Block | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Kid On The Block New Kid On The Block

Unread 03-07-2002, 10:24 AM
New Kid On The Block

Hi, Ladies.
I have been reading your messages for the past 3 weeks. Very supportive!
I will be going in for TVH on the 19th. I've lost the battle against fibroids& heavy periods, trying to keep them under control over the last 7 years with one hormone combination after another one. Time to quit. I've spent the last month and a half bleeding and with constant abdominal pain. It will be a relief the know the pain of the surgery is temporary.

I've been pretty nervous over the last week, my blood pressure shot up to 170/100 in the doctor's office. very high for me. This alarmed the doctor and she is going to order an EKG before surgery. I'm working on calming down. Deep breaths! Only 12 more days to go.

Take Care;
Kris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 11:27 AM
Welcome!

Hi, Kris! Welcome to HysterSisters! This is a wonderful site, isn't it? Sorry to hear you will have to join our princess club, but I know you will be feeling so much better and be healthier afterwards. My BP also was intermittently high before my hyst, and I think it was because my heart had to work extra hard due to the anemia-- whenever I did moderate exertion (sometimes just walking rapidly across a parking lot). Hopefully your high BP is temporary and will be down soon. I also did the Provera and Depo Provera thing over 17 years, with nothing helping at the end. So I'm feeling much better with no more bleeding! (Also had a fibroid growing onto a ligament by my hip joint that caused hip pain and leg numbness.) Read all you can here (sounds like you've been doing that) and post any questions or comments you want to. We'll all support and encourage you along the way. 's and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 03-07-2002, 11:29 AM
New Kid On The Block

Deep breathing is good. try to stay busy that also helps. My DH has been great he can tell if I'm and then starts to act like a fool to keep my mind off of the sugery and get me laughing.

Just gotta that man.

From what everyone says this is the hardest part. I have the whole weekend to go yet I'm working on netting in those pesky

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 12:20 PM
New Kid On The Block

Welcome to Hyster Sisters!

My blood pressure was a little high when I went in for the pre-op and for the surgery that morning. Anxiety is what I had. I guess it wasn't too high as they didn't want an EKG.

Kris, let me tell you, the relief you will feel will be totally awesome. I have lived with what you have for years also. I actually cried when they told me it was done and over with in the recovery room. They thought I was upset...I was so relieved I cried!

Sara
Unread 03-07-2002, 12:35 PM
New Kid On The Block

Hi Kris - I'm a fairly new kid here and :alarm: is ticking away for me too. I get my crown on April 2 and am nervous most of the time. I have my pre-op with doctor on March 11. It's not a fun process but stumbling onto this site a few days ago has helped me alot. I'm trying to believe all the here that the waiting is the hardest part. I guess we'll be posting our own castle adventures here soon. I'll look forward to your report of how you slayed the :dragon:. Good luck! Pam

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register