Panic!!!! Surgery got moved up to Saturday...NOT ready!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Panic!!!! Surgery got moved up to Saturday...NOT ready!!! Panic!!!! Surgery got moved up to Saturday...NOT ready!!!

Unread 03-07-2002, 11:04 AM
Panic!!!! Surgery got moved up to Saturday...NOT ready!!!

I can't believe this! I just talked to my obgyns office and they have moved my surgery up to Saturday (was Monday). Sadly one of the ansethesiologist wifes was killed in a car accident and the funeral is Monday morning. I am really freaking out here......I had so much to do this weekend to get ready, not to mention spending alot of time here at hystersisters, and now I have one day!!!! Thank goodness I was able to get the day off of work Friday or I don't know what I would have done. OMG.....I am so tense I can hardly type

Please send me some nice *calming* vibes!! I really need them! Thanks for *listening*

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 11:10 AM

Hi Shelli. Sending some positive vibes your way. In trying to look at the positive outlook of this, you will have less time experiencing the pre-op gitters. Maybe you can write out a list of "things to do" and have your family help you complete them while you focus on your task at hand. Hey, look at it as an added two more days towards your healing! I wish you luck. Try to think positive.
Unread 03-07-2002, 11:14 AM

Hi Shelli, don't worry, you will be fine...sorry to hear about the reason for moving up your surgery but think of being that much closer to feeling better. Now you will have a good chance of being home Monday instead of just going to the castle then! Then you can put your feet up and model your new tiara and tell us all about how you feel to be a new .

- Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 11:21 AM

OK now take a deep breath. Look at the bright side maybe you won't have to clean as much of the house as you were planning to!

I'm sure your family/friends will be glad to help out with some of the preparations you need to make.

I'm scheduled on Monday and I still have to go thru the whole weekend with the .

sending lots of
Unread 03-07-2002, 11:25 AM

Shelli.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. Everything that needs to get done will be done. Good luck on Saturday try to stay relaxed and calm. Remember to tell me this 2 days before my surgery.

Hugs,

Lisa
Unread 03-07-2002, 11:48 AM

((((Shelli)))))

Got time to read one more? I'm sorry too to hear about the reason for your date being moved.

Don't fret too much about the two days. Just pack light and the other things you can't get done will wait or others can do them for you.

I didn't have that much notice myself and it was just before Christmas, so I had all that shopping & decorating to do on top of everything else. Guess what? It all worked out just fine!!!

I hope all goes well for you.
Unread 03-07-2002, 12:11 PM

Breathe slowly...

I'm sorry your surgery got moved up. I only had a weeks notice for mine. Everything will work out, doesn't it always?

Breathe slowly...

I will be praying and thinking of you Saturday!

Sara
Unread 03-07-2002, 12:46 PM

I agree with everybody, take a deep breath and release slowly.
If things don't get done don't worry. A lot of things don't matter anyway. Those that do you can get some nice person to do it for you.
Take it easy and make sure you check in again when you get home from the castle.
Unread 03-07-2002, 05:31 PM
moved up

Ok, here comes some beautiful white calming light! Surround yourself with it and be peaceful. Just think some of us get a few more days to work on our ulcers. It will be ok!! You will be home by the time I get there. Prayers...
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:36 PM

Hi Shelli,
Just think of how you will feel on Monday. IT'S OVER!!!!!
Blessings to you Stay busy but get enough rest too.

:Hug:

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register