Panic!!!! Surgery got moved up to Saturday...NOT ready!!! - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Panic!!!! Surgery got moved up to Saturday...NOT ready!!! Panic!!!! Surgery got moved up to Saturday...NOT ready!!!

Unread 03-07-2002, 08:26 PM
Your waiting is cut short - Yippee

Don't they say the waiting is the hardest part? It was for me! Now your waiting has been cut short.

Keep on thinking happy thoughts and let us know how great you did!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 09:02 PM
Mine was moved back

I was originally scheduled for May 30, 2000. Then I got my phone call from the gyn's office asking if they could move my date from May 30 to June 2. I said yes and was glad at first because my surgery was originally scheduled for the day after the Monday Memorial Day holiday. I was able to have my "picnic" food rather than the light supper they recommend the night before surgery. The only problem I had was that the closer it got to May 30th, I was actually looking forward to no more heavy bleeding. Now I had to wait three more days. You will get through it. Just don't overdo the housework and, definitely, DO NOT VACUUM POST-OP. Although the doctors don't always tell their patients, there are a lot of stitches inside that we don't know about. Any pulling can cause problems. This is why we are told not to drive. If you had to slam on the brakes, you could do major damage and possibly wind up back in the hospital.
Take care and we will be praying for you ... and waiting to hear from you once you are home from the castle.
PS: Watch out for the Pillow Police!
Unread 03-08-2002, 04:51 AM
Panic!!!! Surgery got moved up to Saturday...NOT ready!!!

You will be just fine.....there probably is not anything that can't be put on hold! Two less days to fret, think of it as a gift. And you won't have to start your week in surgery, you will be a already! Make some notes of things that seem important to you to get done, and call in the troups if need be. After all how much more would you have accomplished in two days besides the worrying? Don't panic, breathe slowly. See ya on the post side!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2002, 05:02 AM

Things will work out. I envy you in a way....I have 10 days to go and it has consumed my every thought. I wish I had taken the earlier date the Dr. had, but I felt the need for preparation at home as well as re-scheduling my clients. (I'm a hairstylist) The longer it has gone, the more whining I have heard about me not being there when they have some stupid social thing and I will not be working...lol I booked those with the other stylists at work. lol The house work is the same every week, so who cares?
My son just fractured his foot and is on crutches and will be of no help to mom.....lol He is 15. I have him to tend to today with more xray's to decide a cast or not. I might be spending Friday night at the ER!!

Let me know how it goes! I'm excited for you to get it over and begin your recovery! A great spring you will have!!!!

cosmocyndi
Unread 03-08-2002, 08:50 AM

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!! You are all right.....the sooner the better! I was just saying the other day that I wish my surgery day would hurry up and get here.....guess I got my wish! I'm feeling much calmer today, taking alot of deep breathes Thanks again.....you girls are great!
Unread 03-08-2002, 09:19 AM

Shelli,
My thoughts are with you. I have already had a LAVH, and it really isn't that bad at all. The only thing was the packing that was used, but that may have been for my rectocele repair. Anyway, I know everything will go fine. I too am so nervous. My surgery is Monday - BSO! My doctor had to give me Xanax to calm me down. It helps. I'll be praying for you tomorrow! Good luck, and pray for me Monday.

Susan
Unread 03-08-2002, 10:00 AM
Hurray!

Shelli:

I am so envious of you. My surgery was to be today, Friday--just about now, but my doctor's receptionist (I don't think the doctor had the guts) called just Wednesday and CANCELLED my supra-cervical laproscopic hysterectomy!!!! So here I am with a life all neatly arranged for convalescence, friends lined up, and a REALLY clean house, but I still have my uterus, which is causing me a great deal of grief, bleeding, and pain. See, you are so lucky and I'm jealous you will be on the mend by Monday, when I go see yet ANOTHER doctor!!! Have a good surgery, take care of yourself, and I wish you well.

Atomic
Unread 03-08-2002, 02:13 PM

s Shelli
Take a slow deep breath in, and slowly let it out. It will be just fine Sweetie.
I am so sorry to hear why your surgery has been moved up, how aweful.
What ever doesn't get done, guess what, it will be there when you are completely healed.
You are going to be just fine, and you will do great tomorrow. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please get lots of tonight. Let us know how you are doing when you are home, and you feel up to posting.
Take Care Hon
Unread 03-10-2002, 06:28 PM

Hi again, Shelli!

I guess you must be a by now!!! As soon as you feel up to it, come back and let us all know how you are doing. I hope everything went well for you.

s
Pam

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register