I don't know what to think | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I don't know what to think I don't know what to think

Unread 03-07-2002, 05:52 PM
I don't know what to think

I got my( Fmla) papers so I can take off work my drs office filled them out and sent them to me I got them in the mail today

well now I am :comfuse:

cause the papers read

myomatous uterus
stress urinary incontinence

Vaginal hysterectomy,Anterior posterio repair Kelly plication

has anyone had this done or can tell me what it is
can they take out the ovaries and tubes this way
if they leave the ovaries do you still have the monthly
I thought I was having a TAH
I want all the answers I can get so I will be so prepared for this
as all the advice I get from all of you is just wonderfull
hugs ladypeewee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 05:58 PM

It's always strange to see all the "official" stuff that's written about us on orders, etc.

The first thing I'd do if I were you is CALL your doctor's office and set up a meeting with the doctor to dicuss all of this. I don't know if you have already had a pre-op meeting with the dr, but if you have, you need another one!

The doctor should explain EXACTLY what the surgical plan is, what work will be done, and also what the "backup" plan is, ie, if a TVH is not possible, will they do a TAH...

Yes, they can take the ovaries with vaginal. You will not menstruate...your period is when the uterus sheds its lining. No uterus, no period. The repair work sounds like it's to correct your incontinence and other bladder and/or rectal problems.

There is no need to try to figure this stuff out...just ASK. And keeping asking until you are 100% clear on what is happening. Be a good consumer...it's your body and you are entitled to full and complete disclosure.

Let us now what you find out!!!

Karen
Unread 03-07-2002, 07:07 PM

thanks karen
I go for my pre opt on the 15th I will find out everything then I just needed some suport just something to ease my mind
s ladypeewee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 07:20 PM

Here's a bunch of s for you!

I always find it weird to read things like that....it makes me feel like it's not ME...just a patient.

Don't be afraid to ask the doctor ALL your questions. The more you know, the better you will feel about things. Knowledge is power...and NOT knowing is what makes us afraid.

Hang in there...we'll all be here to help every step of the way!

Karen
Unread 03-07-2002, 07:34 PM
fellow arkie

hey ladypeewee!!
i'm over here in northwest arkansas
i had an abdominal hysterectomy leaving ovaries and cervix. where are you in arkansas??
you need to scan the boards and get all the info you can to help with questions for your doctor. i think the gal from new york answered your primary questions....
if i can be of help let me know. there are a few ladies from arkansas around here and everyone is willing to answer questions....
let me know when and where you're having surgery!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register