Love my Hyster Sisters | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Love my Hyster Sisters Love my Hyster Sisters

Unread 03-07-2002, 06:02 PM
Love my Hyster Sisters

Hi

Well, had pre-op today and I am pumped. . Thanks to this Hystersister site, I went to Dr. and asked questions with confidence. Wrote everything down on paper the nite before and was ready. He sat calmly and heard all my questions and answered me quite satisfactorily. Went to hospital and had a few quick simple tests and then got to talk to the admissions nurse. Nice lady and very helpful also.

My point is: I feel like I'm in control of this whole thing, which helps cut down on my anxiety. I was thrown a few unexpected loops but I feel that I understand where they are coming from and can handle the changes. For instance, I thought last week, the DR. thought he might leave 1 ovary. But now, they have me down for everything out. My concern was HRT and the cancer it may cause. But I don't really have any cancer in my family history, and he said it would be more of a concern to him to leave the ovaries in. So, fine with me!! (Guess I'll be visiting the Hormone Jungle Board a lot)

I also mentioned the Hystersister site to the admissions nurse and she seemed genuinely interested, although she did not write it down at the time. She did say she would like to check it out. I am going to write the addy down and tell her that this is not a pro or anti hysterectomy site and that it is simply women helping women and that we do not give out medical advice but only our own experiences. I will tell her it is a very valuable tool in educating women who are facing this experience and it can only be a BIG help

I know its been a blessing to me. THANKS LADIES!! LOVE YOU ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 06:41 PM
Printable Flyer

Hi Cindy!

Why not print out the flyer and give it to them?

http://www.hystersisters.com/flyer.htm
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:57 PM
Thanks Toonces

Gosh, I didn't know you had flyers too. That's great!! My printer isn't working up to par right now. But I will try to get some printed off on someone elses. What a handy tool!! Thanks

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register