Pre-op | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:31 PM
Pre-op

hello here is my story im 30 years old and have heavy bleeding. went to my doctor and he said time to go for hysterectomy. i thought about it an i said yes because i dont want to keep having this bad pain and heavy bleeding. i have to go to my doctors on monday march 11th 2002 for my pre-op and my surgery date. i am having a total vaginal hysterectomy. i need advice on what to expect. and how will i feel afterwards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 06:50 PM
Pre-op

Hi Linda!

Welcome to Hystersisters!

I found your post in the neighborhoods forum and moved it here with the other Ladies In Waiting posts.

We will certainly be here for you as you make this journey!

You may want to put this on the list of things to discuss with your DR during your pre-op visit, as your DR is the one who knows best what your procedure will entail. Typically there is an initial recovery period of about 6 - 8 weeks while critical healing takes place, and we take it pretty easy on ourselves.

Reading about other princesses' stories may be very helpful - I know it was to me. Click on the link below to get there:

http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/for...?s=&forumid=11

Best wishes!
Unread 03-07-2002, 08:15 PM
Good luck with your hyster

I had an abdominal hysterectomy, so I can't tell you EXACTLY what to expect.

I just wanted to offer you my support and prayers and tell you to just keep on checking the message board for help. If you don't find what you're looking for, place a post of your own and ask.

That's what this site is here for...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2002, 05:35 AM
Hang in there Sister

Hey Linda,

I ALSO go on Monday March 11th to set up my surgery date. We are kinda sisters already! We both are in our early 30's. Being 30ish and having a TH? Difference is mine is due to a big ole' fibroid! I don't know if mine will be Vaginal or Abdominal...... I guess I will find out on Monday. How about you?

All is going. Nothing will stay. I have terrible periods with LOTS of pain. Labor pain down my back,heavy bleeding ext......

I guess my worst part is waiting...... I have really gotten bad over the weekend b/c I know my time of waiting is coming to an end once I set my surgery date........ I will be glad to get it over with to be truthful. I just pray that it is over soon. I hope he can do it on TUESDAY so I don't have to wait any longer. Keep your chin up and remember, I'm there too!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register