abdominal muscles | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

abdominal muscles abdominal muscles

Unread 03-07-2002, 06:37 PM
abdominal muscles

I am so glad to have you ladies to ask all my questions to.

My doctor told me that even though the fibroid is so large he won't have to cut through any muscles.
I know this is good but I never realized that they might have to cut through muscles. Is it normal for them to cut through muscles or are they usually able to be able to not cut through the muscles.

Thank you so much to all who have been answering my questions and concerns and providing so much information. I'll let you know the surgery date as soon as I find out this week.

By the way, I have had a cold that the boys brought home from school as well as sinus infection (temp. only around 99.4) more sinus pain and drainage. Does any of this normally affect surgery. What about asthma? I read on someone's post about breathing help or something. I didn't realize that. My asthma has been under control since I got an excellent doctor a year ago. He adjusted steroids, etc. and I don't have any major attacks. Does anyone with TAH with asthma have any tips??? Thank you so much, Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2002, 06:46 PM
abdominal muscles

Hi Kathy!

I had a vertical incision and asked my DR specifically if he was going to cut muscle and he said no; he said that he would be pulling muscles, which lends to the soreness after surgery, but he was not going to be cutting muscle.

Regarding your cold, you may want to contact the DR's office, because if the anesthesiologist does not like your vital signs when you get ready for surgery, they are liable to postpone it. The lungs have to be clear, too.

I trust your DR is aware of your asthma and has plans of care for you accordingly.

Best wishes! Hope your cold gets better!

(((((((HUGS)))))))
Unread 03-07-2002, 06:47 PM
abdominal muscles

Hi Kathy,

That was one of my first concerns, that they would cut through muscle tissue. I asked my Dr. and he said they did not cut muscle, just pulled it out of the way.

I asked the admissions nurse about it today and she wasn't sure what he meant for sure, only that maybe he meant muscles had like seams to them and he wouldn't be cutting through a whole muscle, just along the seams and pull them back. Go figure, I'm still not sure what that means.

Hope someone else can help on that issue.

s and best wishes to you Kathy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register