Part 2 of my story - sorry so long | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Part 2 of my story - sorry so long Part 2 of my story - sorry so long

Unread 03-08-2002, 07:42 AM
Part 2 of my story - sorry so long

I hit enter before I was ready - So Sorry! Please let me continue.

Since I have had problems with UTI's and hematuria (microscopic blood in urine) since I was a small child, he wanted me to see a urologist for further evaluation, before we seriously discussed hysterectomy. The urologist ordered a kidney ultrasound, which came back normal. Then I endured a Cystoscopy, which also came back normal. Luckily, he said many people with hematuria are perfectly Ok, but it was better to have it checked out.

I now am scheduled for a TAH, possible BSO, possible appendectomy on March 20th. I am nervous, but I am ready. I wanted to thank each of you for all of your posts. They are so informative and heart warming. I know it will all be Ok.

Thank you for letting me tell you my story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Welcome!

Hi, Kristy! Welcome to HysterSisters! Glad you're benefiting from reading everything on this wonderful site. You've sure been through a lot over the years, haven't you? It's easy to get so used to the symptoms that it seems normal, doesn't it? But I guess you get to the point where you realize other women don't have to put up with the pain and mess and feeling of unwellness! That's great you're feeling ready to have your hyst and become a princess. I'm sure you'll be feeling so much healthier afterwards. 's and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 03-08-2002, 10:56 AM
Part 2 of my story - sorry so long

Thanks so much for your reply! I am sure and know there are other women who have had it much worse than I have, so in that regard, I guess I feel fortunate. I feel like I've been put thru the mill, so to speak, so I am absolutely ready to start feeling better! I have no energy anymore, always tired, you know? Where my blood sugar is so low and losing blood like I do, it's amazing that I'm only slightly anemic! But I do think that has a lot to do with my fatigue. I think having to care for my daughter and run her to gymnastics, school, etc., is the only reason I force myself to go on each day. My husband is a teacher and coach, so until the weekend, I'm usually it! But I am so lucky to have a supportive husband. He will be taking almost a week off plus he has spring break coming up, and the times he has to go coach, my mother and father and his are all handy to help me and our DD. I have a wonderful family and total support system, and now with seeing this site, I feel especially blessed.

Thank you again for your post. While I am ready to be feeling better and know we do not want any more children, I still have the butterflies and some sadness, so you may see me around the boards for a while!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register