Another LIW | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Another LIW

Hello,
I'm 37 years old and scheduled for a TAH on April 16.
Dr. says all must go because of my history. I'm frightened about HRT or not being able to take it because of my endo (I've been warned already). I've been reading so much on this site and have found so much useful information.
I would love to hear from those who had no choice but to have ovaries go, and how they are feeling.
Been putting this off for years, so I'm sure I'm making the right decision, BUT I still have questions and an uneasy feeling.
Thanks for the support - and a great website!

Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2002, 02:17 PM
Another LIW

Hi Susan,

You've found this great site! It is so helpful to hear from these wonderful ladies.
I had a lot of endo removed (bladder, colon, uterus and ovaries.) It took tediously long but I was unconscious and didn't care. He had to remove the ovaries and uterus because they were in such bad shape from the endo (and a few fibroids.) My dr thinks he got it all, though. I was put on estrogen the day after (1.25 mg). Recently, I switched to a patch which is very effective controlling menopausal symptoms. I feel like a woman!! I don't miss my ovaries. Don't have mood swings, PMS, pain, etc.

If your dr is a good surgeon and thorough, you can beat the endo.
Unread 03-08-2002, 02:20 PM
Another LIW

Hi Susan,

I didn't have my ovaries removed, but I wanted to say hi!

You and I are the same age and believe me, you will be fine. They didn't know what they would find inside me, so they had me prepared for losing everything. I was so geared up for that, when I was told that my ovaries were still there, I was shocked.

Good luck to you on your surgery!

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-08-2002, 02:36 PM
Another LIW

Hi Susan!

Welcome to Hystersisters!

I did not have a choice with my ovaries, either - and I am doing fine. I am still looking for the best HRT for me, but sometimes it takes a little while to find just the right "potion". Please know that many women find the right balance right away and enjoy a wonderfully healthy life after their surgeries.

This is major surgery; of course you're feeling a little anxious and uneasy.

Please know we are here for you!

((((((HUGS)))))))
Unread 03-08-2002, 09:43 PM
Another LIW

Hi . My surgery is scheduled for 3-18. It took me several years to finally decide to do it and I had made my mind up that I was going to keep my ovaries. Well , when my DR told me that she would probably have to remove them eventually , I decided right then I don't want to go through another surgery so I came to peace of mind and will have them removed. I was concerned about menopause symptoms , but Hyster Sisters have helped me so much. I wish you all the best !! Terri
Unread 03-11-2002, 06:23 AM
Another LIW

I really appreciate the responses. I know I'll be on this board MANY times prior to April 16th. Hopefully I can make time for the chat room as well!
I go back and forth about making the Dr. leave one ovary, even though he said I will end up back in surgery later. I really don't want that -- considering I've been through two c-sections, a tubal, two laps and unpleasant cervical procedures (which lead to a biopsy and eventually the LEEP).
The other fears creep in as well.....losing interest or feeling with sex...and all the other things that the women here have mentioned.
I know this is the right thing to do though.
I'll be in touch with you all!
Susan

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register