*sigh* - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-09-2002, 09:25 AM
*sigh*

Just curious on why so many women had to wait so many months for the surgery? I have not been given a date, actually I meet with my doctor on 4-2 to discuss options after lupron, I am really hoping I don't have to wait that long, my step daughter is graduating this year and my husband has a fishing trip planned for this June, so I was hoping to get it done and over with before this summer...is it insurance reasons?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2002, 11:05 AM
*sigh*

Hi MJM93,

I think in many cases the wait has been due to personal requests - at least it was in my case. I needed my hyst because of prolapses, not because of excessive bleeding or pain, (just discomfort) and wanted to time it so that it would be easier for me to be away from work for a few weeks. Others have timed it around school vacations, etc.

There are also situations where insurance companies have insisted upon a second opinion to be sure that there is no other option available. Then, of course, there is the doctor's schedule to consider, too. Mine was on vacation for a couple of weeks before my surgery date.

Just be sure that the doctor knows what's coming up, and I imagine he'll do everything possible to schedule it at a good time for you. Let us know.

's

Karen
Unread 03-09-2002, 12:14 PM
*sigh*

I had only a week to wait...that was just enough time to weigh everything in my mind and get scared! Decisions and tons of thinking. Obsessing, talking to everyone that was female.

I'm sorry you have to wait so long...3 months is a wait, but, you will get through it just fine! Just think of all the things you can read here before you go.

I wasn't really, super prepared like you will be. I wish I had more than a week!

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2002, 01:08 PM
Sigh

I had a month to waite ..I went to my dr and we decided it was time for the hysterctomy, and she said she does surgeries on Tuesday's and gave me two dates and I picked the later date..A month went by fast tho and before I knew it it was time for my surgery...Don't know why I was so stressed out beforehand tho..I worked myself into a frenzy..Even writing letters to my kids and hubby and family in case something happened..Take the time to enjoy this time before your surgery Get everything done that you want to do. Come to this site for encouragement and before you know it, it'll be time for you to come on over to the other side and you'll have your crown..

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register