After The Recovery | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

After The Recovery After The Recovery

Unread 03-09-2002, 04:24 PM
After The Recovery

What are you looking forward to being able to do after your recovery? I was just thinking tonight, that I would like to take a nice long bubble bath....without the water turning red.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2002, 05:44 PM
After The Recovery

Hi,Ginny..interesting question..I never thought about what I would do once I was healed..my past 6 or so years with the really bad pain has been a series of things in my life that I had to STOP doing,because I just could not manage physically..

what will I do postop??

Geez..what DO normal women do?? There's gotta be a website..

Cynthia
Unread 03-09-2002, 05:55 PM
After The Recovery

Hi . I was just telling my husband the answer to this right before I read your post . I am looking forward to never wearing a Depend ( due to extremely heavy bleeding ) and wearing light colored and white shorts this summer !! I can't remember when I wore white shorts!!!
Terri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2002, 06:01 PM
After The Recovery

I'm really looking forward to life without heavy nasty periods and PMS that took up the majority of my month! Also, I have to admit that I'm looking forward to more amorous time with my sweetie...no worries about that "this is my period week" ever again!

Chris
Unread 03-10-2002, 04:45 AM
After The Recovery

Ooooooooooh great question, Ginny!

*chuckling at Cyn*

I cannot wait to have white everything! I will look like a ghost wearing white everything, but I don't care! Heh.

And sex without pain. Bleeding. Cramps.

Notice the order? *LOL*

Sara
Unread 03-10-2002, 12:17 PM
After The Recovery

Ginny,I showed my husband your question...he said,well,let's see..
you painted our previous house from top to bottom,every year,almost every room had a new color for the year..what you didn't repaint,you wallpapered...and re/wallpapered..

you sewed all the grandkids clothes,almost all of yours, and thats not even counting the pillows,doll clothes,curtains,tablecloths,etc..

you drove 2 kids and 2 grandkids everywhere,to all their lessons,preschool,karate,friends,etc.,every day of the week except maybe some Sundays...

you worked with the Humane Society with all the motherless kittens and puppies,because you were the only one with insomnia and was up all night anyways to feed them every 2 hours..

you helped run the practice,and took over for some of the girls days off,from 7am till 10 pm at night..

you were constantly running around with your sketchbook,thinking up projects for me to do on my days off and bugging me till I did them..

he reminded me that I had still done all these things,just had to cut back on the days I did them,since lately I was in bed half the month or more..but the times I WAS up, I moved so fast to make UP for the lost time,it all came out the same eventually..

his conclusion was...my god,no one could keep up with you most of the time BEFORE your surgery..now I have to think about what you're going to be capable of AFTER you feel better????

I'm not sure,but I think it gave him a headache...

it also made me think,Ginny..I'm going to rephrase your question..it isn't ,what am I hoping to be able to do..it's,WHAT AM I NOT GOING TO DO!!!!!

hehehehehe!!!! oh,my,I feel better now..have to make a list..

Cynthia
Unread 03-10-2002, 03:23 PM
After The Recovery

Hi gals,
I'm 14 weeks post op, but I can tell you it is just HEAVEN not to have to check the calendar to see when my period will be when planning a vacation, or a big meeting at work, or an evening meeting that will mean a really long day ... you get the idea. I still can't quite believe that periods are over forever and that I'm not miserable with belly pain anymore.

Hugs to everyone!

Beth
Unread 03-10-2002, 05:32 PM
After The Recovery

Geez Cynthia...you make me fee dizzyl just reading your post.
Unread 03-10-2002, 07:35 PM
After The Recovery

I can't wait to plant my flowers and trees. My fibroid is so huge that it is nearly impossible to squat down to do anything. It has been so long since I've seen my feet. My fibroids have been around for 13 years (when my youngest was 6 mths. old). I did the wait and see and unfortunately this is where it got me. At 40, the doctors think I have been premenopause for a few years (this huge fibroid and hardly a period). It didn't shrink - it grew and grew. It's been so long since I've been able to bend forward. . . I can't wait.
Unread 03-11-2002, 05:20 AM
After The Recovery

Make love to my DH! It has been almost 3 yrs since we were able to really be intimate. Intercourse usually involves me tensed up in pain and in tears. Same with orgasms.

Run my 11 miles without holding my abdomen for an hour after I am finished and running any day I feel, not taking days off because I can barely walk.

Play with my twins and have them crawl all over me without me saying "don't touch my belly, it hurts".

Since I don't get my period often (had 4 all of last year) I won't miss that.

It can only get better, right?

JoAnn
TAH/BSO 3/13 (2 more days of pain!)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register