Anxious about becoming punctured princess | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anxious about becoming punctured princess Anxious about becoming punctured princess

Unread 03-09-2002, 08:10 PM
Anxious about becoming punctured princess

Hello Ladies,

I have read the book and still feel very anxious about my trip to the castle on 3/22. I have had 3 laser laps for severe endo over the last 11 years but the anxiety I'm feeling doesn't compare. I feel like I have so much to do and not enough time to prepare. What to pack for the hospital, what needs to be done at home so DH will be ok while I'm at the hospital. Will the cats (5) and dog be cared for. I'm sure I'm not the only who is feeling this way. It does help however knowing there is a place to turn. Any comments, suggestions, ideas will be very appreciated by this lady in waiting.

Thanks in advance,

Sharon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2002, 09:57 PM

I go back & forth between nerves and calm. I worry a little, but not so much about everything being taken care of -- dh knows what he's doing -- but that something will happen to me. I worry that either they'll find a huge honking mess inside me, either requiring extensive surgery or making it impossible for them to really help me.

My advice is -- breathe. Try to let go. Everything will be OK. Everything doesn't have to happen perfectly, or according to your plan. Remember -- if you went in for emergency surgery (like appendectomy), you'd have NO time to prepare, and things would still turn out OK. You have to trust the people who care about you to take care of things. They can probably do better than you realize.

It's daunting, facing recovery from major surgery, not to mention surgery itself. But everything WILL work out. It will.

Your LIW sister in the trenches,

Melissa
Unread 03-09-2002, 10:29 PM
Countdown...

Hi Sharon,

I go in for my TAH/BSO/TT/Gall Bladder removal on Monday the 11th. I'm pretty nervous. I had about a month to prepare and the butterflies didn't start until last Sunday.
I've organized myself pretty well and took care of some bigger projects I'd put off so I wouldn't have to lay there and think about it :hair: .
I'm a single mom so I've had to arrange for my kids to be with friends (people have been so helpful!!) - but you'll probably have to make sure the cats don't try to sit on your tummy - ouch!
I'm sure your DH will be fine once the surgery is over and your on the road to recovery!
Good luck and try to stay focused and busy - what else can you do when you're a LIW???

Get some books from the library, clean out closets, clean out the pantry and get some easy convenient meals to cook. Change your linens, change your room around...whatever you want to do

Good luck and know that "this too shall pass"!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2002, 04:26 AM

Relax! Everything will be okay, things will fall into place, breathe!

The waiting is the worst part, really!

Things will get done, whether you do them or someone else.

I was worried about everything, I just let it go and somehow it was fine! Amazing how things work like that huh?

Good luck on your surgery, you will do just fine...see you on the side!! I will be thinking good thoughts for all 3 of you.

Sara
Unread 03-10-2002, 05:19 AM

hi
i had my PAH 18th feb i am33 and have 3 young boys.

Yes i worrird too,about everything.Then hubby got a bad chest infection(and you know what men are like)i had half term the week before my op.and yes hubby was still ill.Then the day before my opmy 3 year old flooded the bathroom,it was all thru. the kitchen ceiling,so the night prior to my op.i was having to clean mucky water out of all my kitchen cupboards and yes hubby was still ill!!!!!
But still all went well.I am 3 weeks post-op tomorrow and all those jobs are still around.Hubby is now better and has been trying his best,but us ladies like to do these things ourselves and we cant.yes,the children are fine the house is still ok(just abit messier than normal)and i am clean,have clean hair and i am fed and watered.
Hope this helps,all the best for the op. i know the waiting is hard,but before you know it youll be back home and feeling better.I cannot believe how well i feel,whether its all the rest or the positive side of now not having any more periods i am not sure.
Be thinking of you
debbiexxxxxxxxxx
Unread 03-10-2002, 01:34 PM

Hi Sharon!
Looks like we're having our surgery on the same day! - I'm also scheduled for a tah/bso on the 22nd. I've received some fabulous advice by reading these message boards, like many other LIWs we're really benefiting from advice from our 'crowned' sisters.
I'm not too worried about my DH, it's amazing how men can take care of themselves and the pets when they need to. I'm also finding that my DH seems to have a good understanding of what to expect post op and is being very supportive.
Five cats!! - I only have one and he rules the house. There are many threads giving advice on animals post op - such as having a pillow on your belly for the beasties to sleep on and many other very useful hints.
Keep in touch as our anxiety level increases over the next 10 days. I'm very much looking forward to being able to post that the waiting was the worst part.....!

Best wishes
Debbie

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register