Pre op suggestions from a Valentine Princess | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre op suggestions from a Valentine Princess Pre op suggestions from a Valentine Princess

Unread 03-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Pre op suggestions from a Valentine Princess

Hi all
I had an LAVH/BSO on Feb 14. Dr. Found severe, stage IV endo.
The day before surgery I had a nurse friend, who is also a certified hypnotherapist, give me a session, which was taped.
I listened to the tape with headphones a couple of times that night. She walked me through the post op recovery time with positive suggestions, ect. My brother also gave me Reiki and Body Talk treatments (energy healing stuff) pre op for post op healing. Did it work? Who knows, but it seems that it did. I work at the hospital where I had my surgery and handpicked an excellant GYN surgeon and my favorite anesthesiologist. All of this stuff helps! Check out your surgeon, ask around, is he/she board certified, ect. Get personal with your Dr and ask alot of questions.! Ask your Dr. if he/she plays music during OR and put in your requests! (For me it was anything but country!)I honestly felt no severe pain after surgery. Just a little pressure in my abdominal area while in recovery. I didn't like laying flat and wanted to sit up asap. I did not have a Morphine pump, but got Demoral pain shots while in the hospital.
I had the surgery on Thurs and was released from the hospital Sat morn. Went home on Motrin 800 mg and Vicoden... and colace and .625 of Orthoest.
I had a bunionectomy 10 yrs ago and that was much more painful than a hysterectomy, and I mean it!
I have stalled a bit in my recovery as this week (third )I came down with a UTI and am now on an antibiotic. Tiredness is a problem and boredom from being under "house arrest". Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2002, 04:46 PM
Pre op suggestions from a Valentine Princess

Hi Freyja ,

I can really relate to your "anything but country" request!! That's me, too.

It sounds as if you had a great experience, and some terrific support from family and friends. Thanks for sharing with the LIW - and I hope your UTI clears up quickly.

Have you checked out the chat room yet? You might want to drop by there the next time you're a little bored.

's

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register