My "fear" | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-10-2002, 04:38 PM
My "fear"

Hi ladies. I am hoping I am not the only one that feels like this. I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on April 23rd. I am currently on Lupron (doc suspects microscopic endo). I began the Lupron on Feb 15th and March 15th will be my last shot (doc only wants 2 months of therapy). I have been suffering from persistent LRQ pain over the past 2 1/2 - 3 years. I have a "fear", if you would call it that. This is that the doctor will go in and find out I have no endometriosis and will close without doing the surgery. The Lupron is working, but not fully. Though, I would say on a scale of one to ten, my pain is 2, before it was a 6. It doesn't happen all that often, just seems to be around the time I would cycle. Before the Lupron, the pain was so bad I was on narcotics to deal with the pain. I have talked to my doc since starting the Lupron, and told her the pain was much better. I had a pain episode late part of last week (and had to make a trip to the ER ~ got Toridol and small script for Percocet). I told my doc this, and she was a little concerned, tho I told her that overall I feel much better and can function a little better these days.

So.. to make a long story short.... does anyone have or had microscopic endo and have a hyster done cause of it? I would appreciate pre and post oppers replies. This "fear" of mine has been in my head for the past 2 days. History is in my signature. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2002, 04:59 PM
Fear is natural

Though I don't exactly share your experience, I can identify with your fear. It sounds like you trust your doc. Read up on the subject and don't be afraid to ask doc questions. I hope someone else can give you more information, but you're not alone here anyway.
Unread 03-11-2002, 04:24 AM
My "fear"

Hi Amy!

I had a similar fear and I was not even close. They saw fibroids in 2 separate u/s and when they opened me up they saw none! Nada, zilch to the fibroids. But, they still did the surgery as what they did find was tons of adhesions and my uterus was adhered to my abdominal wall.

I can relate, not totally, but I have had the dreams and thoughts similar to yours.

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 05:38 AM
Same fear

Hi,
I had the same fear--that there would be no 'medical explanation' for my pain and no surgical procedure. I had two laser laparoscopies prior to my hyst. and knew I definitely had had endo, but I still felt concerned that I'd wake up from the anesthetic and the doc would say, "There was nothing wrong." As it turned out, I did have endo again--not so much the doc was horrified, but it was definitely there--but more notably a huge amount of adhesions. The doc said everything was bound by adhesions and another lap. would not have been possible. My uterus was tiny from several rounds of Lupron and I had blood-filled cysts. I have not regretted having the hyst and it's wonderful not to live on a monthly cycle, with more bad days than good.

If you don't want the surgery, have you had laps done yet? That's really the only way to know for sure whether endo is present, as I understand it. The doc can do a biopsy.

Good luck!
Unread 03-11-2002, 07:01 AM
My "fear"

Hi Amy

I had to reply to your post even though I rarely respond to any of them. I guess I don't like giving advice. Im on the other side now my surgery was 2/26. I too had been on Lupron and when I first started it I really thought this was the answer. My pain was very little while I was on it. I took Lupron for 6 months though. Be thankful you are only going to be on it for a couple of months the side effects are awful. My pain also was on the RLQ. What they found was not that I had endo so bad it was the fact that I had veins that were wrapped around my bladder squezzing it. I had no idea. I had no trouble ever with my bladder or infections. I really thought it was endo and my ovary causing me so much trouble. Well to make a long story short I can't tell you how happy I' am now that I had the surgery (by the way I had a TAH RSO). I feel GREAT and only two weeks post-op!!!!!!!!!! Really research this if your still having fears and talk to your dr.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register