I'm home:) | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-10-2002, 04:45 PM
I'm home:)

Hello Ladies,
I am home and doing well. I would love to shout, but know sometimes its not appropriate but in my heart, I am indeed shouting the good news....

I had surgery Wed the 6th and came home yesterday evening. I did really well.

I hope its ok to say what worked for me. If not, please let me know and I apologize in advance.

I had a spinal with sedation and it was wonderful. I had a TAH with all removed and a bladder job too. I was never sick and the numbness wore off in about 24 hours to get me well over the first day. I woke up once during the surgery, talked with the anistia guy and he gave me more sedation. I was not nervous, nor did I feel anything.

I had morophene for pain for the next 20 hours and then to perocet and it works much better for me.

I was very shakey the first time on my feet, but was soon walking with assistance.

My bladder is working fine and I came home with no cathater.

I am walking around the house (not as interesting as the hospital cuz I walked to the nursery to see the new babes there) but I am moving about and I just cant tell you how wonderful it is to be on this side of the surgery

Its not pain free, or struggle free, but for me this was a wonderul choice.

I had surgery in a small town hospital was was treated like a true princess. Real nurses who cared. The anisteologist came to see me three times after surgery (just to say hi). My nurses came off duty to say hi and some even sent me flowers. The doc came each day and if the nurses had questions, he called right back.

I am indeed blessed and wanted to tell you about it and to tell you how thankful I am for this site and all that it's done for me.

PS. My spelling is terrible, but I am not getting my dictionary out yet today

God Bless You All,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2002, 04:54 PM

Dear Elaine,
So wonderful to hear how well things went and are going for you. I remember when you were in our prayers, and it's so good to hear the outcome. So happy for you and it also gives us LIW such hope for the same good results. Thanks for sharing your great news with us. Take good care and happy days ahead for you. God bless.
Unread 03-10-2002, 04:59 PM

Hi Elaine ,

I'm so glad that you are home and feeling great!! Your hospital sounds ideal - and the care that you received must almost have made you want to stay another day or two

Anyway, thanks for coming back to tell your story. Just remember not to do too much too soon. , get plenty of and
continue walking.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2002, 05:08 PM

Hi . So glad you are doing so well. Thanks for such encouraging words since I am LIW for one more week.
God Bless !!! Terri
Unread 03-10-2002, 05:39 PM

HURRAH Elaine!!!! There I did it for you. So glad you did so well and thanks for sharing. It sure makes the prospect a lot less frightening. I think I'm going to ask about an epidural.
Unread 03-10-2002, 08:15 PM

Welcome Home Elaine
I am so glad to hear that you are home, and doing well.
Remember your Princess training, be sure and get lots and lots of and lots of water and juice, and take short little s for recovery.
Enjoy being pampered.
Unread 03-10-2002, 08:26 PM

Hi Elaine! ...oh, 'scuse me - that's *Princess* Elaine!

Welcome home from the castle! Great to hear that you had an uneventful stay and that they treated you well!

Now I think we'll be looking for you over on the Post Op side, huh?

Oh, and P. S. You are already on the right track - spelling is not graded here and new princesses are wise not to lift the dictionary!

(((((((((HUGS))))))))
Unread 03-10-2002, 08:44 PM
Happy and In anticipation

Elaine,

So happy to hear you did so well. I am still a LIW (until Tuesday that is) and it sure helps to hear someone came through with flying colors.

Keep up the posts so we all know what to expect and how you are doing.

Mary B
Unread 03-11-2002, 04:17 AM

Welcome to the side Elaine! Glad to hear you had a good surgery and castle stay! Wow, waking up in the middle of surgery would be scary to me! My kids thought that was cool that happened to you though. *LOL*

Told ya that the waiting was the worst part, don't you agree?

Sara
Unread 03-11-2002, 08:14 AM

Dear Elaine

Well done and I am very proud of you, keep it up, I have got 4 weeks to go for mine.
I really hope you get better on a daily basis...
love and hugs
xxx

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register