Canceled and rescheduled! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Canceled and rescheduled! Canceled and rescheduled!

Unread 03-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Canceled and rescheduled!

I'm a big, big, . My surgery was scheduled for 3-13-02 due to fibroids, adenomyosis, adhesions, and possible endometriosis. I had a lapo done 01-036-02 to confirm the problems and my OBYGN recommends a TAH/BSO. For the past year or more I have suffered with severe pelvic pain, painful sex, and bladder pressure so bad that it hurts to walk or even get up when sitting, bowel problems and severe fatique. As my surgery date became closer I became very and scared. I told myself that I needed to do more research even though I know I need to have the surgery to become painfree. So I postponed the entire preop exam and surgery. This may sound weird but even at 45yrs of age I still feel I want to keep whatever I can because some how I feel I will be less of a woman. This a cool site and I really like it here. I feel like I have people who understand me and know what I'm going through. My surgery is now scheduled for 04-10-02. So I'm hoping for some replies of encouragement not to cancel again and hope to be able to become pain free. Thanks for listening.
:usflag:

Susie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2002, 05:43 PM

Susie,

Please know that your concerns are valid ones. You will be just fine. I hope and pray for you to have a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

's
Unread 03-10-2002, 05:51 PM

Hi Susie,

If you didn't feel totally ready for your surgery, then you did the right thing to cancel and re-schedule. In the meantime, do as much reading and ask as many questions as possible so that you know that you are doing what's right for you. No one can make that decision but you, and all we can do here is to tell you that we care about you.

There have been a few posts lately from women who are worried about being less of a woman after surgery, and so you're not wierd, but you're also wrong to feel that way. Being a woman isn't just that you have female body parts - it's your personality, your spirit, your soul that makes you a woman. And that can't be taken away by any kind of surgery, ever.

As for being pain free - I had my hyst for prolapses, which were causing pain, bowel problems and uncomfortable sex, and in my case, those problems are gone. I wouldn't want them back, ever!! (And I'm a pretty big , too)

Please let us know what you decide to do.

's

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register