LAVH for post ablation syndrome | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

LAVH for post ablation syndrome LAVH for post ablation syndrome

Unread 08-22-2013, 08:06 PM
LAVH for post ablation syndrome

First, thank you all for your info. I have been reading this site for months and already feel connected even though this is my first post. I'll try to make this short. Horrible periods started at 11 years old. Tubal about 10 years ago and ablation approx 8 years ago. Ablation did the trick until. 3 years ago and when the pain started it took some time to figure out what was causing it. Post ablation syndrome seems to be such a new concept ...... Also, I have not has any bleeding since the ablation so doctors didn't want to believe it was female related. Anyway, finally found a doctor that is aware of this and now I am waiting on scheduling for the surgery. May know a date tomm. Just curious if anyone else has had post an syndrome and then a hyst. I am concerned but so hopeful too. Hoping it not only takes away the pain but also the exhaustion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2013, 05:51 AM
Re: LAVH for post ablation syndrome

I don't know about post ablation syndrome but I too had one many years ago. My periods were gross with horrible pain. Anyhow, the ablation fixed that but the pain came back with maybe scant bleeding here and there. An MRI showed I had ademomyosis. The pain progressively got worse over time each month taking over my life each time.
Long story short, since my hysterectomy (which went smoothly )I have felt great!!
I no longer feel bloated, bladder pressure, like I'm going to leak. The fatigue is improving. My GYN said with each month I will feel better and better without my uterus. Adenomyosis is a nasty disease.
I know your case is different than mine and I'm sure someone will post more.
Unread 08-25-2013, 07:41 PM

Hi dawnb13 -

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. Your mix of emotions is very normal.... this is a tough surgery to process.

We have such a multitude of women on this site, hopefully one with similar experience will see this post and respond.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-25-2013, 08:00 PM

I'd been hoping for ablation originally. That being said; once I learned that I have adenomyosis, I realized I needed the hysterectomy. Hoping that everything goes smoothly for you.
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:03 PM

My story sounds just like yours. I had a tubal done, then an ablation. I also had the post ablation syndrome, so I decided to get a hysterectomy. I had my hyst done in feb 2013, and am so thankful I did! I no longer am in pain monthly. It was the best decision I ever made! Good luck with your decision. I know it is a tough decision.
Unread 08-29-2013, 01:10 PM

After my ablation my periods got even worse than they already were. They lasted twice as long and were 3 times as heavy. I couldn't even leave the house during my periods out of fear I would have an accident in public. I lived like that for a year and finally decided to get the hysterectomy I had been considering after a trip to the ER.
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:03 PM

I can relate!
Unread 08-29-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1965 View Post
I don't know about post ablation syndrome but I too had one many years ago. My periods were gross with horrible pain. Anyhow, the ablation fixed that but the pain came back with maybe scant bleeding here and there. An MRI showed I had ademomyosis. The pain progressively got worse over time each month taking over my life each time.
Long story short, since my hysterectomy (which went smoothly )I have felt great!!
I no longer feel bloated, bladder pressure, like I'm going to leak. The fatigue is improving. My GYN said with each month I will feel better and better without my uterus. Adenomyosis is a nasty disease.
I know your case is different than mine and I'm sure someone will post more.
My story almost exactly but throw in endometriosis and fibriods with the adenomyosis. My time frame was much shorter. I had horrible pain within a year of the ablation. Good luck
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the responses! Since I first posted, my surgery has been scheduled for sept 18th. Nervous but kinda wish it was tomorrow just to get it over with. Thanks again!!!!!
Unread 08-29-2013, 07:10 PM

Tubal in 2003, ablation in 2007, and just dxd with adenomyosis, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, etc. My hysterectomy is scheduled for Sept. 12! Crazy nervous but looking forward to life without debilitating pain...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register