HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

New pain and after 6 weeks New pain and after 6 weeks

Unread 08-24-2013, 10:32 AM
New pain and after 6 weeks

It will be my seventh week this Wednesday and yesterday after my second short walk, I felt a sharp pain to the left of my incision. I took 2 ibuprofen last night but the pain go away. I don't want to call my doctor because it just might be from overdoing it. Is this cause to be concern?
Unread 08-24-2013, 12:09 PM
Re: New pain and after 6 weeks

We had the same surgery at the same time. I've been back to the gym a couple times this week only walking on tredmill for twenty minutes at much less speed then normal. I felt a sharp pain both times when I tried to go faster but stopped because my doctor said if pain starts, stop what you're doing, listen to your body then try a little slower. There can be nerve pain issues too that will come and go as we keep healing and exercise more.
Unread 08-24-2013, 03:46 PM

I am still feeling the pain as of now and it more generalized where the incision is. I took a vicodin. I hope it goes away.
Unread 08-24-2013, 04:39 PM

I could be wrong about this, but i wonder if with the abdominal surgery, since they have to cut through your tummy, if you are walking and using muscles, it might hurt more, plus i bet they had to cut through nerves. I even had some sharp pains and twinges that seemed like my nerves were perhaps regenerating or reconnectng, and I had davinci. Sorry you are going thru this, hope it settles down. It is tough to balance exercise and rest. It takes so much patience.
Unread 08-24-2013, 05:24 PM

Every surgery effects nerves. Our muscles were never cut but rather moved and put back. If your pain is stinging sharp pain like the feeling of rubbing alcohol on a cut, then it's just nerve pain. It will go away.
Unread 08-24-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejahthoris78 View Post
I could be wrong about this, but i wonder if with the abdominal surgery, since they have to cut through your tummy, if you are walking and using muscles, it might hurt more, plus i bet they had to cut through nerves. I even had some sharp pains and twinges that seemed like my nerves were perhaps regenerating or reconnectng, and I had davinci. Sorry you are going thru this, hope it settles down. It is tough to balance exercise and rest. It takes so much patience.
I had a supracervical abdominal Hysterectomy and it is not singing. Just felt like a sharp pain. It doesn't hurt as much but it still hurts. It has been hurting for a little over a day now
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:30 PM

It might be adhesions. Keep track of when it bothers you and if it continues you need to bring it up to your dr.
Unread 08-25-2013, 01:46 PM

The pain isn't so much today. I can still feel it there. I do plan to let my doctor know even if it is gone by then.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.