Queston and venting | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Queston and venting Queston and venting

Unread 03-11-2002, 06:19 AM
Queston and venting

I am going to call my doc today with more questions... this is will be the second call in a week since I signed my "permission papers" .. do any of you know if the kind of ansthesisa one gets is up to the surgeon or the ansthesiologist himself?? I am thinking that having a spinal or epidural with general is the best way to go since I hate pain medication... though god knows I take enough of it now.. and I am already getting headaches from it (I think that is the reason..could be the stress of all of this)...
My surgery is in 6 weeks... I am so afraid that I will catch my daughters cold and she has a really good one.. I am washing my hands like crazy and avoiding going into her room, hence its a pig pen in there... almost 18 ya'd think she'd be over her messy stage...she's had this cold for a good 2.5 weeks so I hope its almost over but it sure doesn't sound like it is. I've been taking my 1000 mg of vit c faithly and my multi vitamin too.
any way... if someone can give me an idea about the ansthesia thing I'd appreciate it..
I am having a really stressful time lately... and as a result I've been nibbling on foods I shouldn't be and I think I've put on 5 lbs in the last month... NOT a good thing. I hurt my leg/foot working out and have had to take it easy because of that..
I know I am rambling.. sorry....
kara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 06:37 AM
Hey Karah

I'm scheduled for March 21, so I can't give you any hyster advice. However, I have had major surgery before and I can tell you that in most cases, the anesthesiologist will discuss your options with you and both of you will decide what's best.

As far as the nibbling goes...........I've been eating everything in sight!! I can't seem to stop. I guess that's just the way I deal with stress!!

Good luck!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register