I'm home!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-11-2002, 06:31 AM
I'm home!!

Hi Everyone,
First I want to thank everyone for their support & suggestions! They made everything much easier & I knew what to expect. Well, the waiting is definetly the hardest part. Once you get to the castle things just kind of move along. I went in at 1:15pm on Thurs. Of course they were running late so we hung out till about 4pm before they came to get me for surgery. DH & I passed the time playing cards. I was the last scheduled surgery that day. After talking with my dr. & seeing a lot of posts I decided to go with a spinal. I wasn't sure what I would do about a seditive, but the anethesiologist(spelling??) said he would give me something to make me feel relaxed. Well he did & the spinal was a breeze. I didn't realize I would be fully conscience during the surgery but it worked out just fine. All I felt was some pulling sensations & my dr would lean over & ask if I was ok & I would ask if he was doing ok. It really was better than I expected. Dr. did have some problems with removing the uterus. It was twisted with scar tissue at a 90 degree angle. He was able to get it out & the cervix (doing his little thing of leaving just the opening in tact). He was supposed to take my appendix as well, but couldn't because of the scar tissue. Said it was very impressive (LOL). Ovaries seemed ok so he left them (I was pleased about that). I went to recovery about 6:20pm & then to my room about 7pm. So all in all the whole surgery experience went well. Once in my room the big thing was waiting for the spinal to wear off. It took awhile for that to happen. Pain wasn't bad at all. I was up most of the night because they keep coming in to check on you & my room mate had nausea. I was up & walking in the am & was able to take a shower. They put me on perkaset(?) & then I broke out in hives. I broke out in hives once before when I was on codine so now I really have no idea what I'm allergic to. By Sat. the only thing I was taking was ibepropen. I did spike a little temp Friday afternoon & then had the sweats that night but that was all it was. I'm a little sore, but it's not to bad. I was able to come home Sunday & now the hard part of resting begins!!
Again, thanks to all you wonderful sisters things went quite smoothly. Good luck to all the LIW & I'll see you on the post side.
Barb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 08:15 AM
I'm home!!

Welcome home Barb!

Sounds like you had a pretty good castle experience and I know you will have an easy recovery as well. Told ya, the waiting is the worst part!

Just remember to drink, walk and sleep!

Sara
Unread 03-11-2002, 03:22 PM
I'm home!!

Welcome home, glad you are doing well. Please remember to take it easy. Best wishes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 04:31 PM
I'm home!!

I'm glad it went so well, Barb!! I hope your recovery goes better than you ever imagined it could.

Melissa
Unread 03-11-2002, 05:54 PM
I'm home!!

Hi . Glad to hear you about how well everything went for you. Thanks for sharing. I go to the castle on 3-18 so I am reading all the "good news" I can . Thanks soooooo much !!!
Terri
Unread 03-11-2002, 06:08 PM
I'm home!!

Thanks for the good news Barb. Good to hear that you did so well. I am LIW and of course I can't wait to be on the post-op side.....Take it easy and remember allow yourself to be pampered!!!
God Bless, Suzanne
Unread 03-11-2002, 09:15 PM
I'm home!!

Welcome Home Princess Barb
I am so glad to hear that you are home, and doing well.
Remember your Princess training, be sure and get lots of and lost of water and juice, and take short little s for recovery.
Enjoy being pampered

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register