Sooooo ready | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-11-2002, 07:10 AM
Sooooo ready

Hi. I have 3 days left and boy am I ready. My Dr said to stop the bc pills friday and by saturday morning I was spotting :cry:. This has only made me realize this is the right thing to be doing. I am still very nervous and wake up in the middle of the night but I have a sense of peace about this week. I have started packing my bag and will be happy to goodbye to anymore cramps, back pain and good old "aunt flo" . The only thing I worry about now is I am already very over weight and I feel like I will be big ball. Well thursdays the big day and it will be great to let the castle do its magic. shell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 07:21 AM
Sooooo ready

I know what you mean. I too am as ready as can be, but I have 9 days to go. I stopped taking my BCP's Sunday and I haven't spotted (yet!), luckily, but I have some major cramps and pain on my left side around my ovary. I too know this is the right decision and am looking forward to feeling much better. I'm sure the bloating and stuff will be bothersome and not the best feeling in the world, but I'm doing my best to keep as positive an outlook as possible. I wish you the very best and will keep you in my prayers!
Unread 03-11-2002, 11:28 AM
I'm ready too!

Hi Shell2002!

I am as ready as you are. My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, March 13, so we'll be recuperating together! I do understand there will be some swelling in the abdominal area. I'm having a TAH BSO and I am very anxious to get this thing rolling.

Try not to be worried about the weight thing. I know that's easier said than done but try to concentrate on your physical recovery from your surgery. After surgery try to eat healthy and watch your portion intake. Take everything one step at a time.

I'll be in touch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 12:35 PM
Good Luck

Shell

You are going to do great! Your positive attitude is really going to help you a lot. I am over 6 months post op now and trust me when I say I am so happy. It was a really great move for me!

Take care
Let us know how you do!

Unread 03-11-2002, 01:46 PM
Good Luck

Greetings from Tennessee!
I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow, 3-12-2002, and have major pre surgery jitters. I plan on making this my lifeline tonight.Best of luck to you, we can recover together.

Moe
Unread 03-11-2002, 02:39 PM
Sooooo ready

I, too, am scheduled for a TAH March 18th. Was just told about this website from a man I work with!! His wife just recently had a hysterectomy. I cannot wait for the day! I have been in constant pain since October and am looking forward to the day the pain is gone! My husband is VERY supportive of my decision and just wants me to feel better. My doctor just keeps telling me that the pain will be about the same as my 2 c-sections. Those were a breeze (of course the last one was 8 years ago)! For some reason I am not in the least bit apprehensive about it - yet - just ready to get it over with and have a nice LONG recovery at home.
Unread 03-11-2002, 05:51 PM
Sooooo ready

That is great that you are staying calm. I went into surgery very calm and I know it helped. Surgery and recovery have gone very well indeed. No problems or complications.
Also, I lost 12 pounds and my stomach is flatter than it has been in a long time even with a little swelly belly!
Good luck.

Shelley
Unread 03-12-2002, 07:41 AM
LIW 3/14/02

I have been ready for over a year. I have had time to read and study up on all of it. I have a fibriod tumor that is 5 + cm. I will have a vaginal hyster. Unless he finds that the ovaries are messed up those will stay. Like the sister said "I am soooooo ready. I have 2 days to post op and I can't wait. My time was moved just yesterday from 1:00 to earlier. Now it's at 10:45. I had a feeling that would happen. I am prei-menopausal anyway so I have hormones already. Those have helped so much.

I am happy to have a friend that told me about this site. I have been here for about a week and have already met so many nice ladies. Thanks for always been there to talk. It helps.

I'll meet you on the post-op in a few weeks.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register