Egg Donation | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-11-2002, 08:06 AM
Egg Donation

Has anyone ever donated her eggs prior to hysterectomy? I had this thought over the weekend. My eggs are healthy...it's my other parts that don't work! I thought that since I knew ahead of time about this surgery then they could take the eggs. I hate to waste them, you know? Someone out there could use them.

I will admit that it would be weird knowing that my eggs were out there somewhere but they would be helping somebody, you know?

Am I weird or what?

Joann

:halfmast: In memory of 9-11.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 09:54 AM
Egg Donation

Hi, Joann! That is a very kind thought to want to donate your eggs to someone! But I think to do that, there is a long process of evaluation and measuring your hormones and eggs to see when they are optimal for "harvesting." I don't know if you would be at ovulation time when you have your hyst? Also, I think they like to use eggs of young women since they are easier to fertilize and implant. But kudos to you for feeling so generous!'s and best wishes for your hyst and recovery!
Ruthie
Unread 03-11-2002, 10:13 AM
Egg Donation

Hi Joanne,
I had the same thoughts, however I found out you should be younger than 32 and in apsolute great health. I am 35, and awaiting hyst, so I do not think I would be "the perfect donor".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 10:33 AM
Too Old? Too Young?

Ha Ha!!

Your replies are greatly appreciated...BUT how can I be too old to donate my eggs, but I could very well be too young for the hysto??

Oh, the irony!!

Anyway, it was all worth a shot, right?

I am soooo looking forward to this. I am hoping the gyn agrees with my pcp and we get this thing over with! I want the total thing. No uterus, no tubes. I don't really care about the cervix. There's nothing wrong with mine at the moment, tho. What do you guys think???

Joann
Unread 03-11-2002, 11:20 PM
Egg Donation

Joann, you can do a search of "cervix" by clicking that button at the top of the page. Some women think the cervix helps with a better orgasm, but many of us don't notice any difference without a cervix. Mine was just in the way, and I don't miss it at all! Talk with your dr about whether it would be advisable for you to keep it or not. Take care
Ruthie
Unread 03-12-2002, 08:33 AM
Cervix or not

Dear Joann, Can't say if it was the cervix for sure, but the big O is gone. There is still a o, but the spontanious muscular contraction is gone. I had TAH 11-30-99,have HRT with some testerone didn't make any difference,except for dryness.I was 44 then, and those last few years, with fibroids and a ovarian cyst had the best O's ever. I knew what 18 year young men must feel like.So think again if the cervix is important,you can always take it out, but you can't put it back in.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register