Has anyone felt this? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone felt this? Has anyone felt this?

Unread 03-11-2002, 08:42 AM
Has anyone felt this?

Hi...new to this site...love it!
I found out at my physical in January that my uterus and cervix are quite enlarged.....could explain the painful intercourse and the tampons popping right out as soon as I would inset them and the pee blockage if I would sit a certain way when going......the painful periods....bleeding between periods.....the backaches....the moodiness and anxiety...yada yada yada!
Has anyone ever had something that feels like ligaments being stretched....sometimes when I am walking or lie down at night I get this painful feeling that something is stretching much further than it should be....feels like it is on either side of my uterus. Also affects penetration during intercourse....when I feel such pressure from the contact on my cervix...ouch!
I am almost 34 and have 3 wonderful children, hubby had a vasectomy in 97 so I really have no use for this darned uterus anymore. I am going for an ultrasound in mid April but from what I read on here this will not tell me much other than that my uterus is enlarged....which I already know. Should I talk about having a lap...what would this show that an ultrasound doesn't? Probably a dumb question....but I will ask it anyways....ha!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 09:07 AM
Has anyone felt this?

Hi Esther and welcome to the site. Was it a gyn that you saw? If not I would get one. It is a good idea to consult a urologist or urogyn since you are having trouble with emptying and can't hold any tampons in. It could be due to the enlarged uterus or something else. A urologist could tell you a lot to and try to find one who specializes with women that are having hysterectomies. I did consult with one before and was very glad I did. You need to write down your symptoms (include everything you have mentioned here) and present them to the dr.
Unread 03-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Has anyone felt this?

Hello,
I am 30 years old and getting an Hysterectomy on March 29th. I have chronic endo., fibroid in Uterus, adhesions. Who knows what else they may find when they get inside. I sometimes have painful intercourse always have cramping all the time and backaches too! Look out when I am actually having my period, excrutiating cramps and backaches unbearable at that! My husband also got fixed a few years ago so there really no use in me dealing with this anymore. There is really no reason to get a lap done just get the hysterectomy why go through the pain! I have a good doctor I have been through all of the othert options I am done! I hope I helped you! please write back if you want to!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2002, 06:57 AM
Sounds too familiar!

I am sure you will love this site as I do! So much support and information that I was longing for! Just a brief history...I too have been suffering with painful periods, heavy clots, bleeding between periods, backaches, and extreme irritiblity...after b/c pills for 2 years, buspar for anxiety, pain pills, and finally lupron, I am hoping for a "go" on a hysterectomy when I see my doctor on 4-2...I am only 31, but my DH had a vasectomy in 1994, I have two great step daughters and we have an eight year old son together...I don't want anymore...I have not had the problems with tampons because I cannot wear them, but I agree, you need to find a gyn if you have not already...I found a great one last June that did a laporoscopy and feels that I have adenomyosis...you may want to search for post on adeno...a lot of the same symtoms! Hope all goes well, keep us posted!
Unread 03-15-2002, 11:13 AM
Has anyone felt this?

Dear Esther

To answer your question about the lap -- a lap can show other things that ultrasound cant like endometriosis its wont show up on an ultrasound. I have hear many women say that after they take that look inside there are other things found that werent seen on the other tests they have had. So a lap may be a consideration for you. Hope this helps!!!
Unread 03-15-2002, 11:32 AM
Similar symptom

Many of your symptoms sound much like mine. My uterus and cervix were normal in size when checked with an ultrasound, but I had heavy periods, clots, daily cramping between periods and excrutiating back aches. They would come out of nowhere, at least once a day, so severe that I couldn't breathe, then in 10-15 minutes would be gone. I also had heavy bleeding and painful intercourse. My doc diagnosed a prolapsed uterus. Had it out 2 weeks ago and haven't had a single back ache yet. If I over did it at work, or even laying around like I have been since sx, I would have the back aches. I hoping that the hyst had put an end to those. So far so good. The backaches were hard to describe. Not really an ache, not really a spasm. Maybe it was the ligaments being pulled. It makes sense. I also could alway feel some pressure on my bladder, but it was fairly insignificant. I never had kids, but my dh had a vasectomy long before I met him. So this uterus wasn't needed anyway. I feel good so far with my post op recovery. It's true that the ultrasound won't show any endo, a lap will do that for you. Ask you doc what's best to do next. Good Luck!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register