How long it takes to schedule a surgery | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long it takes to schedule a surgery How long it takes to schedule a surgery

Unread 03-11-2002, 11:06 AM
How long it took you to schedule a surgery?

Hi,
I called my doc's office on 2/28/02 to schedule a hyst. It has been 11 days since and I haven't got the date yet. Did any one of you had to wait this long?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 12:24 PM
How long it takes to schedule a surgery

I got mine before I left the Drs office for about 3 weeks from then, then they had a cancellation so I got moved up a week.
I don't have an HMO but just regular Blue Cross that doen't
require a second opinion though.
Unread 03-11-2002, 12:28 PM
Hello

I got my surgery date the same day I left the Drs office. However, it was for 3 months down the road! I live in Ontario Canada so it is a totally different system than the states!

Call them back, it cannot hurt to ask!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 12:29 PM

I have Cigna PPA and it doesn't require second opinion. I somehow feel that the nurse is not doing her job, but I wouldn't like to jump to conclusion because I do not have experience with this. I know they scheduled my lap within a day.
Unread 03-11-2002, 12:46 PM

Call the dr's office back. The nurse called me back two days after I left a message on the voice message at the office. You should not have to wait 11 days to hear back. All they have to do is pull up the o.r. schedule and tell you the available dates so they can book the o.r. My surgery was six weeks later.
Unread 03-11-2002, 01:32 PM

I also recieved a date the same day I told my GYN to go ahead and schedule it. But like someone else said, I do not have an hmo (thank you to my employer!!!!). Before I changed jobs (did have an hmo), it took me over a week to get a D&C scheduled.

Caren

TAH poss BSO scheduled for 5/20 for 2 many years of abnormal bleeding and ovarian cysts (ruptured two)
Unread 03-11-2002, 03:10 PM

It might depend upon whether only 1 is involved. When I finally decided to schedule ( after trying to wait for summer break), I told Dr. #1 I would prefer sometime in April ( this was at a Jan. 31 appointment. She made an appointment to see the Dr. #2 on Feb. 18. From Dr. #2 I was sent back to Dr. #1 for an appointment on Feb. 25. The day of that appointment Dr. #1 cancelled due to illness - had to reschedule for an appointment on Mar. 7. At the Mar. 7 appoint. Dr. #1 informed me that April was completely booked for surgery. Now, they are scheduling me for sometime in May - unless an April date opens up. I am supposed to have a date by the end of this week, according to the scheduler.

There has never been a question of need for surgery, only of when I could work it in. Then, after giving them an approximate date, it has been 1 1/2 months - still no date!! I really like both of these doctors. They come highly recommended. I guess getting their schedules together is difficult. One of them operates several times a week. The other only 2 times a month. Oh well, I am sure time will pass quickly!

Rayna

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register