still waiting.... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

still waiting.... still waiting....

Unread 03-11-2002, 12:55 PM
still waiting....

Hi there,
I am so happy to have found this site. It has really helped me with my pre op jitters. I am having a TAH/BSO with bladder repair some time at the end of month still waiting for a date from doc.
I am so nervous about the upcoming surgery. I have read several posts on this site and most of you have answered most of my questions. My dr says my surgery will take approx. 3 hours because of all the things they have to do in there and they have also excused me from work until my surgery is complete and then 4-6 weeks after.. My question is has anyone had burning in the bladder and I have been checked and do not have a uti. or bladder infection.. but its almost like bladder spasms. I am a little worried because my bladder is actually in the vaginal opening. Dr doesn't seem to concerned but I don/t know what to think. I was just hoping someone could relate and give me some of that great advice I have been reading about.
Thank you so much for being there for all of us..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 01:40 PM
still waiting....

As an ER nurse who frequently caths female patients, I can tell you that having the opening of the urethra at the opening of the vagina is not all that uncommon.

Good luck with your surgery. I am also having a TAH/BSO (BSO I think, today. May be different tomorrow :confuse: ) with Birch (bladder suspension) 5/20. I know what you mean about pre op jitters, I just wish I didn't have over two months to wait!

You will find lots of support here. I know I have. There is so much to learn and this is the place to do it.

Caren
Unread 03-12-2002, 05:14 PM
still waiting....

hi caren,
thanks for your reply.. I called the drs ofc today and they told me that they would be calling me in the next day or two to let me know when my date will be.. I really hate waiting.. I had another question for you all.. I have a burning sensation now in the upper part of the abdomen on left side. Its really hard to describe,but it comes and it goes.. it is a really weird feeling. I dont know what this could be.. cramps? I don't think I have experienced this kind of cramp before.. thanks for listening just a little nervous about all this I guess...

thanks again
ang

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register