I'm home from the castle...questionable blue ovary | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm home from the castle...questionable blue ovary I'm home from the castle...questionable blue ovary

Unread 03-11-2002, 02:09 PM
I'm home from the castle...questionable blue ovary

My surgery was Thursday 3/7 at 8am. It lasted about three hours. They removed the uterus (chalk full of fibroids and hiding behind bladder), cervix and right ovary. The doctor remarked that he has nevery seen anything like my ovary before. It was blue. He was sure the path report would show something, but nothing seemed to be reported about it. He still is curious, as am I. Any one have a blue ovary?? what is it? the endo test on it didn't turn positive.
For all the LIWs--I didn't think the waiting was bad, so I'd say the first 24 hours after were the worst. The Morphine pca didn't work as well as I had hoped, percoset doesn't work on me, and finally darvocet became my drug of choice. But, the first 24 hours weren't a walk in the park. It is amazing though how much better you feel every day. I've already said to family that I'm amazed I feel so good. So, bare with everything, as each day brings new rewards.
Thanks to everyone for the kind words, prayers, and encouragement. Hopefully I'll be able to come chat soon. (I still tire easily, and don't want to over do it.)

---Joanne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 03:17 PM

's Welcome home. I can't help with the blue ovary, weird though. I am glad you are doing well, just remember to listen to your body and don't overdue. Please stop by chat when you are up to it. Be good
Unread 03-11-2002, 03:31 PM
blue

I'd like to think your blue ovary is very special...one of a kind!
Perhaps you should ask for it back!

Good to hear that you're improving every day. Take really good care. Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 03:36 PM

Hi and welcome home! I am not sure what the blue shade is for as far as your ovary is concerned. I tried to do a search and wasnt able to come up with anything informative. Maybe blood flow was restricted? Or would that make it turn black. Anyways.. try to find out what it meant (pathology should be able to say why) and let us know. I am curious to find out why, just like you are. Happy healing!

Unread 03-11-2002, 04:40 PM

Glad you are back!

Joanne!

Hm, a blue ovary? Could it have been from the dye? I don't know if you ever had dye or not. Just a wild guess. Please tell us when you find out!

Glad you are recovering~

Sara
Unread 03-11-2002, 04:59 PM

Hi Princess Joanne!

Welcome home!

Interesting about the blue ovary! - I hope when your DR finds out anything about it that you share that with us; we're intrigued, just as I'm sure you are!

Your crown looks ab-fab, by the way!

Take good care of you; have a nice, smooth recovery, sweetie!

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))
Unread 03-11-2002, 05:18 PM

Joanne,
Prior to my TAH, I had a laparoscopy for endo where the Dr. removed one of my ovaries because the endo was so severe and the ovary had "died." The lap photos show both the ovary and the philopian tube as a blue/gray color. This was definitly a contrast to the other pink and fleshy organs. So possibly, a dead ovary. My theory based on my personal experience.
Unread 03-12-2002, 08:03 AM

Rosas,

Thanks. That is exactly how he described it. It was grey/blue and covered the entire ovary and fallopian tube. The pathology report came back stating that they found "nothing remarkable" This is why I asked. My Dr. said that he couldn't believe the pathology report--it couldn't be acurate, because what he saw was definately "remarkable" and "strange" He too thought it might be advanced stages of endometriosis and blood/ oxygen loss to that area. But now I have a path report that contradicts the doctor and his findings. Go figure.

Continuing to do better. I'm glad I didn't wait any longer to have this done.

Currently the worst part of my recovery is this cough that won't leave. Of course coughing stirs everything...ouch! And I just can't get rid of it. In the hospital I was coughing blood for days. Now I don't do that so much, but still can't kick the cough. I guess I'll be calling the Dr. to see what they can do about this. If I wasn't coughing so much, I wouldn't hurt so much.

---Joanne
Unread 03-12-2002, 12:39 PM

I've seen blue lobsters before, but a blue ovary.... hmmm

But Wow! I'm not sure I'm hoping for a blue ovary, but I'm hoping to be like you! You are my hero! Four days after and you're on the computer! Well, maybe I'm not really looking to turn on my computer after four days, but the fact that you are feeling well enough, that's encouraging for those of us waiting and dreading. I've always said it's not the thought of the surgery that bothers me but that period of recovery - how can a hyper person stay still? You've given me hope that maybe I won't have to be so still for quite so long.

Keep it up, girl, you're an inspiration to me!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register