I'm going crazy and don't have a date yet!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm going crazy and don't have a date yet!! I'm going crazy and don't have a date yet!!

Unread 03-11-2002, 02:37 PM
I'm going crazy and don't have a date yet!!

I have gone the route of tests and pills to straighten my problem out for over a year. Last Tuesday i went in for a D & C in hopes that my DR. could put an end to my bleeding. Instead it was unsucessful for he could not get me diolated. End result was he said there was too much scare tissue and I had adenomyosis. Last resort ...hysterctomy. So this wednesday I will be going to Drs to schedule for surgery. I found this site and it was a blessing. I'm scared to death but am axious at the same time to call an end to this all. I guess what I'm afraid of is that i will have to wait months for this surgery. So please say a pray I will not have to wait long. So tired of all the opain I have.
Thanks for listening.
angelindisguise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 11:42 PM
Welcome!

Hi, Angel! Welcome to HysterSisters--best site on the Web! Read all you can here and post questions that you think of. We'll be hoping that your hyst can be scheduled for fairly soon, since lengthy waiting for it is the worst! I'm sure you will be feeling healthier and much better afterwards--I know I feel great now!'s and best wishes!
Ruthie
Unread 03-12-2002, 08:59 AM
I'm going crazy and don't have a date yet!!

Hi AngelinDisguise, I just wanted to wish you luck at your appointment tomorrow. I hope you don't have to wait too long. It seems to really vary, from person to person, with how long it takes to get in for surgery. I had just a little over a month to wait and it seemed long, but I'm sure it was mostly due to my nerves.
I too had tried all the pills (with different dosages), and even tried a D&C, but it didn't help any. As soon as I had my next period after the D&C I called the surgeon back and said lets do this. (He had told me the D&C might buy me some time, but there were no guarentees on that. I did want to try all the less evasive procedures so I would know that the hyst was what I really needed). It's been just over a year now since my hyst, and I am so glad to have my life back. For me, it was the best decision. I've had no regrets.
Sending you some 's and wishing you luck for tomorrow. Take care, and let us know what you find out.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register