operation in less than 2 days | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

operation in less than 2 days operation in less than 2 days

Unread 03-11-2002, 03:01 PM
operation in less than 2 days

I am getting a little anxious for it all to be over with. I am on liquids from here until surgury day. With only clear liquids for tomorrow. I get the thrill tomorrow of enemia, medicated douche, and magnesium citrate. I will be in a good mood tomorrow. I am getting more nervous about it. I dread being placed on the OB floor. I know I can't have anymore children, but it seems kinda cruel to be placed there. I also dread recovery. I know I hurt with my c-section (bikini incision), but I don't know how I will be with a vertical incision. Can I expect the same type of pain when I try to get up and down?? Will it be more pain or less pain?? TAH/LOA. Has anyone had a LOA?(burning off adhesions) What will that be like??

Any last minute advise??? I am all ears!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 04:34 PM

s, nervoustenn!!

I'm going in Wednesday too, for a LAVH, and boy is the anxiety hitting me now! A friend told me I'd be surprised at how good I felt after I woke up from the procedure. I'm clinging to those words. You can share 'em if you like.

Another surgery sister (kcrohn) and I plan to "hold hands" as we go into the OR -- giving and receiving support at that crucial time. You want in?

Best wishes,

Melissa
Unread 03-11-2002, 05:55 PM

Hi Ladies, I am going in on the 13th too!!! ALMOST TIME Looks like we are all experiencing the same anxieties. Although I am looking forward to it being over, it still has to come. This is the worse. I was doing fine, until today!! The muscles in my neck are so tight that my hubby had to give me a back rub a little while ago to try to relax me. I can't believe I am feeling this way, but THANK THE GOOD LORD for this website and all of you wonderful ladies.
I received my Hystersisters Guide today...perfect timing. I am going in for a TAH/BSO - bikini cut. I was told by the anesthesiologist that I will be having the morphine pump. I have already started exercising my thumb so it will be ready!!
God bless everyone who is going in on the 13th.....I will say a special prayer for each of you tomorrow night (12th) as we are all holding hands !!!!
soon to be rincess: Suzanne

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register