Hello | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-11-2002, 09:35 PM
Hello

Hello,

I am SOOO glad to find all of you. My story is really long, even though it only started about 1 yr ago, boy, what a person can go through in a year.

I am a 27yr old mommy of two. Currently, I have been having alot of problems with pain. I have been in constant pain for about 3 mnths and having my period every 13 days for about 7-8 days, and ovulation, whew, who said they didn't even know they were ovulating. It all started about 2-3 mnths after going off of the pill (hubby had a vasectomy - 1 yr ago), I was diagnosed with a womb infection, the flu, anything else my family Dr. could tell me just to get me out of his office. I had a sono done in June, of course they found nothing, so it was nothing, right? Well, in Aug. after dealing with diarehha and bad periods, etc.... I finally came to my breaking point, I was sick. I went to the ER and was admitted with a large bowel infection. They couldn't tell me what it was (colitis, crohns, divertichulitis, etc..) I was in the hospital for 7 days. Only to be readmitted in Oct. for the same thing. Finally, I was able to have the colonoscopy done on Nov 1st. WHEW, didn't have Crohn's! I have diverticulitis (not normal for 27 yr old). So ok, I have something, I finally have a reason to be in pain... Well, all this time I'm having absolutly horrible periods, lasting 7 days, and having very, VERY bad diarehha, cramping, the whole wonderful nine yards. I felt as though I was having glass ran up my back side. Of course this is intestinal, right? I still couldn't admitt that it might possibly be something else. To make a long story short, I ended going to the ER on New Year's Eve with a ruptured cyst on my ovary. The pain has not stopped since. I went back on the pill in Jan., I have had a total of 8 CT Scans w/ Dye since Aug., I have had 1 MRI, and numerous X-Rays and Sonos. Of course, they found nothing.

I have had two different Ob/GYN's suggest that there was nothing wrong with me, maybe it was my diverticulitis, maybe I needed antidepressants, etc.... Well, finally I had a lap done on Mar 4th. I have adenomyosis. WOW, does that hurt. Oh, I do have something wrong with me, its not in my head, I'm not ready for the rubber room!!!! YEAH!!!!

Here I am, I am scheduled to have a vaginal hysterectomy April 16th. On one hand I am VERY excited on the other hand I am very nervous, and afraid. I don't want anymore kids, but, I am so young. They gave me several other options, but having an IUD for 5yrs just doesn't sound like my cup of tea, depro-lupron - ewww, it seems all of these options lead back to the same place anyways, and I am not having anymore kids.

Did anyone else feel as though they might be making a mistake before their surgery? I know what I want, I have made my decision, it just seems so final. Lots of emotions come into play. Thank you all for being here. Everyone in here is very blessed to have one another. Thanks for listening to my rambling, I am sure that I am not telling you lots of little in betweens, but, I hope we have time for that later.

Thanks again,

AMY :~)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2002, 11:33 PM
welcome!

Hi, Amy! Welcome to HysterSisters--best site for comfort and support and info! It is very normal to have conflicting feelings about such a major and personal surgery as a hyst. But you have had more than your share of pain and bleeding and problems haven't you? Glad the drs were finally able to diagnose what was wrong--it wasn't all imaginary in your head!! (Let them experience adenomyosis or endometriosis for a few months!) You can go up to the top of the page to "search" and type in adenomyosis to read past posts of ladies who had this problem. Also search on Lupron for some interesting discussions. And I'm sure there will be someone along soon who is dealing with this. Read all you can here at HysterSisters and post any questions you have. Hopefully we can give you some info and you can make a decision with your dr as to the best option for you. 's and best wishes to you!
Ruthie
Unread 03-12-2002, 06:09 AM
Hello

Hello Amy!
We will be having surgery the same day!
You aren't alone in wondering if you are making the right decision. I struggle with it as well. But I come to realize that it is a quality of life issue, and I'm also done having children. I really am looking forward to feeling good for a change. Let's be optimistic together!!
Take Care,
Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 09:57 AM
also too young

Hi there. I'll be 26 on the 14th of March. I too have two kids. My youngest died about a year and a half ago, though. I was worried about having the surgery, all though I'm done having kids. I am in a great deal of pain and have been since I started my period 14 years ago. I finally decided to find out what was wrong. Basically, I still don't know everything that is wrong but I do know some of what is wrong and that the hysterectomy will fix it!! YEA!! I don't want to be in pain anymore and my husband wants me to not be in pain anymore. (If you know what I mean.)

It was a scary decision, but I know it is the right one. I know I will feel better and that's what matters most. I have a great husband and a very active 5 yr old. I want to be able to enjoy my time with them instead of always hurting too much to do anything.

If you want to talk I'm here. I'll have a LAVH on the 18th of March.
Unread 03-12-2002, 11:27 AM
Hello

HI AMY!
I HAVE BEEN HAVING THE SAME FEELINGS OF (AM I DOING THE RIGHT THING?) I DON'T HAVE AS MANY PROBLEMS BUT THE PAIN OF MY ENDO. IS SOMETIMES UBEARABLE!!
MY HUBBY HAD DIVERTICULITIS (BAD SPELLING!) A YEAR AFTER WE WERE MARRIED AND HE ALMOST DIED FROM IT, I AM GRATEFUL
HE DIDN'T. I AM GLAD TO HERE YOU MADE IT THROUGH TOO!
I KNOW MY PROBLEMS ARE NOT AS COMPLICATED AS SOME OF THE OTHER SISTERS, BUT I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT FOR IT TO GET ANY WORSE. I HAVE A 13 YR OLD, A 6 YR OLD & A 2 YR OLD TO THINK ABOUT AND I NEED ALL THE PAIN FREE ENERGY I CAN GET!!
HOPE EVERYTHING GOES GREAT FOR YA !

SINCERLEY,
PAYNE95

HAVING A TAH ON 3/21

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register