Only eight days to go - I'm flipping out!!!! - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Only eight days to go - I'm flipping out!!!! Only eight days to go - I'm flipping out!!!!

Unread 03-14-2002, 02:43 PM
Only eight days to go - I'm flipping out!!!!

I guess we are in the same boat. I am having surgery on the 21st and I am scared to death. I have 3 children and a husband but I'm afraid something horrible will happen and I won't get to see my children grow up and I won't get to see my grandkids. I went to the DR. Monday and she gave me some Zanax and it's helping a lot with my stress. But before I got them I would cry and just thought horrible thoughts about everything. My faith in God is good. I will be thinking of everyone in my thoughts and prayers. Lets all think good thoughts and have good dreams. Let's all support one another.
Last week when I found out I was having surgery I thought my world was falling apart. On 3/7 my husbands grandfather who is 88 fell and broke his hip. His son's mother in law passed away Friday 3/8. On 3/18 hubby's grandmother is having surgery 3/18 and another minor surgery 3/22. Then on my side of the family my mother called and told me my brother in law, who is a cancer survivor, well his cancer came back. So I thought with my surgery coming up 3/21 I was doomed. But the medication is helping a lot. I wasn't eating and actually lost about 5 pounds in just a couple of days. I'm not crying as much and the scary thoughts aren't as bad.
Thanks for letting me vent...... I needed it.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers..... Tgalvin

I know this is a silly question.... But how do you get the smilies and cute little icons in your postings? I tried and couldn't do it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2002, 07:28 PM

To Gio - and all of the Ladies in Waiting who are anxious,

You have a right to feel anxious! Yup - you really do! I know everyone tells you it will be ok - but this is a major deal - so don't try to fake your feelings. BUT! and this is a big BUT! You also have a right TO FEEL GOOD!

Please try to focus on the good that will come with the surgery - not just no more periods (we all knew that would happen one day anyway!) but no more pain! No more lack of energy! No more flooding! You really will feel better after it is over. Even in the first few days after the surgery, when I was in the most discomfort from the incision etc, I could tell I felt better. All that "stuff" that was zapping my energy trying to stay alive inside me was gone, and I knew I had done the right thing.

Please try to think good thoughts. I know that sounds trite - but my dear mother used to tell me that - I can still hear her saying it. It does help. Focus on the good. Gio, think about how much better you will be able to care for your daughter after your recovery.

Best wishes to all of you - you are in my prayers.

Hugs,
Unread 03-15-2002, 02:46 AM

Hey Soul Sistah!

I havent talked to you in awhile and I'm sorry to hear that things are not totally going your way right now but believe me it will all work out hunny!!! (((((((((((BIG HUGS))))))))))) You will get through this just fine and be well again and be able to spend the quality time with your daughter that you both deserve. I don't know if youve heard but I finally got a doc to help me out and surgery is being scheduled very soon for me too!! So we need to stick around to help each other through this!!! NO CHOICES HERE!!! My time of freaking out is close at hand as well I'm sure. It's a normal process that I think everyone goes through some do it better than others maybe but you know you are not alone. We all are here and pulling for you!!!!! You know if you need to talk where to find me. See you soon!!

Much love to my soul sistah!!!

Jo

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register