surgery date 27th and Easter | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery date 27th and Easter surgery date 27th and Easter

Unread 03-12-2002, 05:20 AM
surgery date 27th and Easter

I don't know how to aproach this, my sister in law with the 3 grandbabies and my daughter with the 2 and my other dauther with the 3 they all plan to come for Easter wich is only 4 days after the surgery. This has me worried we have a big house and all the grandchildren are in the age group of 2 to 8 everyone having a great time with me standing in front of the stove most of the time, guess I live thru it. Don't want to tell them not to come, it seem to ad to my allready in place Butterflies.

:alarm:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 05:36 AM

HI,

Let me tell you four days after my surgery I was in bed most of the time. Once I did have some company come and I was on the toilet the whole time trying to get my bowels to work! I think they will understand if you wanted to cancel, or they could do the cooking and cleaning up after for you. You should be resting at that time! Good luck!

cyaple
Unread 03-12-2002, 05:59 AM

If they are coming to take care of you, fine. But, with that many people and kids around I doubt it.

I had a great recovery, but no way could I have been sitting through a large dinner at 4 days post-op. At 4 days post-op, I was still having my husband bring meals to me and eating in bed or in a large cushy chair if I felt good.

Can you push your surgery up or back a little? That way you could still celebrate Easter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 07:32 AM

Hi.

I just had my TVH on 3/5/02. I feel I am having a great recovery but I agree with the other ladies - if they are not there to just be a help to you TELL THEM NOT TO COME.

Either way, I believe that there are too many people coming to deal with. Emotionally, I would not be able to handle that much company.

You do not need that much stress (and there will be stress with all those people) at 4 days post-op.

Your body needs rest and relaxation for healing and at four days you will no be up to that much even if you think you are. My Dr. says I may feel well enough to do varies activites but my body should just be concentrating on healing at least for the first week or two.

Joyce.
Unread 03-12-2002, 07:36 AM

P.S. Joyce again

There is no way you are going to be able to cookfor all those people at 4 days. I just made a meal yesterday and had a difficult time standing to chop or bending to get something out of the oven. I was exhausted. I went to bed right after.

Rethink.
Unread 03-12-2002, 07:53 AM
PLEASE ...

Don't over do it ! I agree with all the other ladies.You shouldn't have to go through that emotionally or physically.I couldn't imagine having a house full just 4 days after your surgery....all that cooking & cleaning.Maybe you could get together with your family before your surgery..have an early Easter gathering...even if it's not right on Easter.I'm sure they will understand ! It's just a thought ,that way ...NO one will miss out !
And you can take care of YOU at a time where you need it the most !
I wish you the very BEST & SMOOTH recovery !!!
Unread 03-12-2002, 08:10 AM

Anna,

I don't know what kind of hyst you're having, but I had a LAVH with no repairs and at 4 days post, I would not have been able to do it, I'm sure.

Christmas was 20 days after my hyst. My mother, sister & sister-in-law all wanted to come to my house for Christmas Day and bring the food so I wouldn't have to cook or even leave the house. They had good intentions, but just having the house with so many people here at one time really wore me out. I was feeling fine beforehand, but got really exhausted with all the stimulation.

I wouldn't worry about feeling selfish about telling them you can't do it this year. Just tell them that since you have no idea how you will feel after your surgery, it would be better to make other arrangements. You can even tell them that we all told you from experience not to do it.

One holiday not cooking and entertaining won't hurt. If you take care of yourself and heal right the first time after this surgery, you will be better able to have this kind of family get-together later on.
Unread 03-12-2002, 08:12 AM

Hi, I am also having surgery on 3/27/02. There is NO WAY you will be ready for all this company that soon. I just informed my sister in law last night not to plan on us for easter this year, and she is doing all the work!!! She just wants me to rest........which I will do at home!!!!

Please rethink this one!!!! Have an early easter the sunday before, or postpone this gathering until you are recovered. Even if they do all the work and clean up, just the "happy" noise of children may be to much to soon!!!!
Unread 03-12-2002, 08:14 AM

P.S.

You shouldn't even be on your feet long enough to cook a dinner for that lenght of time at 4 days post. I'm sure your dr would agree. The pillow police will surely come after you!
Unread 03-12-2002, 09:21 AM

Hm, Easter is a time that is crazy, like Christmas is around here. Plus, my daughters birthday is on that day. I'm trying to put myself in your shoes.

I am at my 2 week recovery date tomorrow.

I don't think I would be able to handle it if it was tomorrow. I would have to say, cancel it or even postpone it until you are back to normal.

Why not have Easter in July? Or June? The kids will like having something fun like that.

Sara

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register