I'm so down!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm so down!!! I'm so down!!!

Unread 03-12-2002, 08:04 AM
I'm so down!!!

Hello sisters...

Just a note to say I am so down and depressed!! My surgery TAH is april 3, and I have no energy to do anything. I don't know if I am feeling sorry for myself or if it is just the ole body being it's run down self because of bleeding all the time or if it is because Sun. I will be 36 and my best friend is having a boob job done next week and I'm having a hysterectomy.
Sorry for rambling on but there is so much to do and my dh keeps telling me to rest and not worry about everything and he will help me get everything I need done before I go to the castle but I still am Need words of encouragement.. Has anyone taken anything to calm nerves 3 weeks prior to their surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 08:40 AM
I'm so down!!!

Rox,

Take some time for yourself and just relax. Rent a couple good movies and relax on the couch with your favorite drink and kick back. If your body is tired, its telling you to slow down and take some time for yourself. I am scheduled for 4/23 and already have bad nerves (have had them for 2 weeks). I take Tylenol PM right now to sleep, and if it gets worse I will call my doc and ask for something. I am also on Lupron and swear its keeping me up at night.

If you nerves are getting the best of you, go ahead and call your doc and see what s/he has to say. Doc might very well give you something to calm those jitters. Things will be just fine. Sounds like your dh will be taking very good care of you pre and post op. Best wishes to you and let us know how you are doing.
Unread 03-12-2002, 08:42 AM
I'm so down!!!

s

Shame on that friend for having a "fun" surgery just before your hyst! A friend of mine had one several months before my hyst & I took care of her. It really was no fun at all for her while she was recovering. She seemed more in pain than I did after my surgery.

In my opinion, I'm happier getting rid of all the heavy bleeding & horrible pain than getting a new pair of boobs.

I didn't take anything for my nerves before my hyst, but why don't you go ahead & call your dr for something. Why suffer from anything if there could be a way to feel better?

Hope you feel better soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 08:43 AM
Encouragement

Hi!
I too felt "run down" before surgery. Some of it was because I WAS run down from so much bleeding and uterus problems. I also had all these expectaions on what and how much I should get done before surgery. I decied to spend the last week before my surgery taking care of me, resting, reading, and praying. I am glad I did because recovery is long enough and if you are run down before surgery it is not good for your body and healing. I am an independentperson and a perfectionist; it was difficult to ask for help and to let things go but I did and it has been great. Take care of yourself for surgery so your body, mind, and spirit are prepared and ready.
Unread 03-12-2002, 09:03 AM
I'm so down!!!

Hi Rox

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, but I think it's normal
(not that that helps!). I'm scheduled for 3/21 and I've had a lot of the same feelings. It's so stressful knowing you won't be able to do anything for awhile and trying to do as much as possible before hand. I would ask your doctor for something to help calm your nerves. Other than that, spend lots of time here and vent all you want. The ladies are great and it's been a tremendous help to me.

Take care and I'll be thinking about you....
Unread 03-12-2002, 09:25 AM
I'm so down!!!

Rox, don't pay any mind to your friend's boob job. Just think how much better you will feel after your hyst. It is hard to feel good about yourself and the way you look when you're feeling like crap all the time.
I am planning to start working out again after I am able to so that I can go back to wearing my tight shorts. Righ now, I have to wear baggy stuff because my belly is so big and I'm so uncomfortable with things pressing on it. My DH said he'll take me shopping once I feel up to it after my hyst. and he'll pick out some sexy clothes for me. That will be great. I think having to wear these baggy clothes just adds to my depression sometimes because I feel so unattractive right now. But I am looking forward to being myself again and being sexy and attractive for my DH.
Unread 03-12-2002, 02:05 PM
I'm so down!!!

Thanks for all of your posts!! I feel better after reading all of them!! I am so glad I found this site. Today I am going to order the hyster journal, book and maybe the mugs for me and my dr. So I can't wait to get those goodies.

Thanks again... Being sisters with all of you is wonderful!!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register