Schedule Pre-Op in AM if possible | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Schedule Pre-Op in AM if possible Schedule Pre-Op in AM if possible

Unread 03-12-2002, 09:22 AM
Schedule Pre-Op in AM if possible

Had pre-op yesterday scheduled at 3:15. Got to the hospital at 3:00 and they could not find my file. After about 45 minutes, nurse took me to pre-op room and got vitals and long history. If you take many meds, write them down, I did so when I went for pre-op in Dec but not yesterday and I couldn't remember all the names and or dosages. Anyways, when I had pre-op done in Dec., I was in and out of there in less than 45 minutes and yesterday when it was scheduled in afternoon, seemed so dis-organized.

I don't know if it's related or not but, I haven't had and real thoughts about having the surgery on Monday 18th until last night, I was having nightmares of being in a house fire. I was in one when I was 15 and luckily we all got out except for our dog. I've never had any dreams from it or really any nightmares or dreams of dying but, I think in my mind there is a negative thought that WHAT IF..... they were dis-organized in surgery.

I keep telling myself that my doctors the best (for me anyways) and there is no reason to worry but that dream is really bothering me today even though I'm really trying to keep as busy as I can to keep my mind off it, it keeps coming back to my mind.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2002, 09:40 AM
Schedule Pre-Op in AM if possible

Hi Homechaps!

So sorry to hear about your bad dream.

All of us worry about things going wrong at the hospital ... I don't have any special tips on how to prevent this from happening. All I can tell you is that bad dreams are common, irrational fears are common, bad stuff has a way of surfacing when you are under extreme stress.

Maybe you just had your pre-op appointment when the staff was having a bad day. The good news is that you'll be dealing with an entirely different group of people in the surgical dept. I found the surgial/anesthesia staff to be very professional, well organized, compassionate, calming. Try not to let your imagination run wild. Sending big hugs your way.

Beth

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register