pe op anxiety - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pe op anxiety pe op anxiety

Unread 03-14-2002, 08:01 PM
pe op anxiety

I also work in a hospital. I am having my surgery at a different hospital. My surgery is on the 27th. I am having a terrible time concentrating at work or anywhere. I am feeling very needy emotionally too. Why do we all feel this need to spring clean. I guess it is a nesting thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2002, 12:56 AM
pe op anxiety

Hi,
My surgery is also set for March 20... and I went out of work a week earlier. I am so tired all I want to do is sleep. I am also having bouts of insomnia, I sleep for only 2, maybe 3 hours at a time. I figured if was better for me to take a few days off prior to surgery and rest if I want to & not worry about trying to work. Anyone else having trouble concentrating besides me? I feel uncomfortable with these fibroids, I feel as if I have a fist pushing into my stomach. I am not crying like I did, so maybe I am over that, but I am still always so hot. My honey can't wait till I have my surgery, he jokes then he won't have to sleep in an ice cave. (I turned on the a/c because I was too hot to sleep ). Oh and I am eating comfort foods like I am going to the chair in the morning... I had a friend ship me out Drakes Cakes from NY since we can't get em here in Calif... I love devil dogs...
Best of luck to everyone... :-)
Unread 03-15-2002, 01:23 AM
pe op anxiety

Dearest Sisters,
Thank heavens for this site - I know now that I'm not going absolutely crazy . I'm having surgery on 3/22, I'm so much better having read all your posts.

I was horrible to dear hubby last night - result of being exhausted, a day starting at 5.30 am and not finishing racing around working and ferrying kids to sport until 8.30 pm. DH came home from work at 8.30 too and I just burst into tears.

My youngest daughter will turn 10 on March 24. I told her that it was fitting for me to spend it in hospital with staples in my abdomen again! Poor little soul though, she really wants me to be home as she is telling EVERYONE at her school where I will be.

It is now 7.30 pm and DH is still at work (again). He rang to say that he had some urgent things to attend to. I am completely stressed out about my work too, I am a teacher and have to have things up to date and planned for the next 6 weeks by Wed. I told DH that my work was also urgent (as I was on the mobile ferrying children to sports practice again).

Sorry to ramble on. Good luck to all of you.

Diana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2002, 03:23 AM
Pre op ANXIETY

Dear Princesses Divinity, Diana, and Vanessa,

Divinity, After reading your message I think that I will call work today and tell them that I will be staying home. We all need to do whatever we can to keep ourselves sane these days. I know what you mean about the comfort food! I keep feeling like I want to eat something but....do not really find the "right" food to satisfy me.

Diana, Well, you have proven a theory for me. We can live in Austrialia or we can live in the US (New Jersey to be exact) no matter where we reside as women the same "stuff" makes us crazy.

Vanessa, For me right now I am doing more thinking about how I should be nesting and less actual nesting. Maybe I am just lazy. I generally hate to do housework.

I have a great idea. Vanessa you come to my house and help me get my bedroom ready for my return from the castle. I promise, that will knock this nesting thing right out of your system. Then we will go to Diana's and help her with her family "stuff" so that she can concentrate(ha) on her lesson plans. Then off to Divinity's for that wonderful comfort food meal.

I HAVE A PROPOSAL.....Today when we all get a little forgetful, weepy, hungry, or just plain jittery take a really deep breath and smile. And as you smile to yourself remember that at the same time somewhere else WE, your Hyster sister pals, are probably thinking of you and doing the same thing.

I wish you all stressless day.
With a warm heart,
Suzanne
Unread 03-15-2002, 07:30 AM
pe op anxiety

Hi Sisters,

I am glad to learn that I am not the only one with all these mixed up feelings. I am moody, weepy, having nightmares and am so tired that I fall asleep just sitting in a chair too long. The only time I seem to function ok is when I am at work, too busy to think. I work in a hospital and I think that knowing the internal workings adds extra stress to an already stressful situation.
good luck and god bless to all.
Dia
Unread 03-15-2002, 07:52 AM
pe op anxiety

It's 3a.m. I went to bed at 9pm because I was utterly exhausted from doing sweet bugger all and now i'm wide awake and thinking about the 'op' again. Hospital rang Monday and asked me if I could make it in on the 22/03 and I said 'you betcha!' but now, I am one scared mummy!!! I've been waiting for this op for so long and now that the time is almost here, i'm dreading it as well as being overjoyed.
i've got fifty thousand questions I want to ask but do you think one of them will pop into this brain of mine..grrrr
I'm glad i'm not alone with the feelings i'm experiencing, I think my family of men will be glad to have me out of the house for a few days.....lol. My 11 yr old tells my i've been a bit 'testy'.....oh from the mouths of babes eh!!
Am I rambling? I think I am :confuse: Sorry, tend to do that a lot lately.
A big hug and feelings of support to those that are having the 'op' this week, I'd like to say i'll be thinking of you all but i'll be too busy stressing out and getting organised myself but I do wish you all a speedy recovery
All the Best......see you in recovery..lol
Wozzie
Unread 03-15-2002, 02:39 PM
pe op anxiety

LOL,
Glad you took off the day... did me wonders going out a few days earlier...but I am lucky, I have a job that didn't say nothing when I told them I was thru with working thill after my surgery... and from talking to some people I am VERY lucky I have good health insurence. I don't have the nesting thing yet... I love my honey, and he is a wonderful man, but he is a slob! So maybe right before I go in for surgery on Tuesday the " nesting instinct" may hit me... but some how I doubt it. I'll probably want to go out & do something fun prior to having surgery on Wednesday, but who knows? My sense of humor is the only thing that has kept me sane thru all of this... Best of luck to everyone! Keep laughing
Unread 03-15-2002, 02:48 PM
pe op anxiety

I highly recommend cleaning the bathroom really good. That was the one room I was so glad was nice and clean after I got home from the hospital from my surgery on 3/1. ;-)
Unread 03-15-2002, 04:12 PM
pe op anxiety

Thank you all! I now know from reading your posts that I am not going to be commited! These feelings are real and "Normal" for us all!
I wonder though, is the exhaustion because of the upcoming event or is it a result of our conditions? Any one have any ideas on that?
Thanks again I love this site it has helped me a ton!
Hugs and best recovery wishes to all.
Nancy
Unread 03-15-2002, 05:55 PM
pe op anxiety

Oops, goofed on this one.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register