pe op anxiety - Page 3 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pe op anxiety pe op anxiety

Unread 03-15-2002, 05:55 PM
pe op anxiety

I'm right there with ya'll. But I have to wait until 4/11! I wish I had just told him to do the hyst like I had planned when I found out about the CIS, but, "no," I let him talk me into a laser conziation procedure first. I would've already been home from the castle! Now I have to wait 4 more wks for my cervix to heal just so he can go back in and do it all over again! Oh well, just venting ladies .

I'm finding myself glued to this website trying to get every bit of info I can before my time in the castle. I am sooooo thankful that I found you all. I did finally get the house cleaned today but had to tear myself away from the computer to do it.

I also don't think this has all sunk in yet...kinda like I'm looking at this as a 3rd person might, if that makes any sense to ya'll.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2002, 08:35 PM
Pre-Op Jitters and Unusual Recovery Mode

Greetings: I'm new to the forum, and hoping for some support in the days to come. -
I'm scheduled for a TVH on 4/1, no fooling! What started off as a quest for information at the Mayo Clinic has become a surgery. I have multiple fibroids, in many configurations, that are bleeding. My periods are coming closer together, lasting anywhere from 8-12 days, and I am very anemic. I was told I was anemic 1-1/2 years ago, but just didn't take it seriously at the time, and lo and behold it has gotten worse! I've had two periods for a total of 20 days out of the last 35, and have breast tenderness yet again, so probably getting ready for another. The surgeon said she wanted to do the surgery soon, to try and avert yet another period but I don't think I'm going to make it!

Anyway, I have some unusual circumstances for my recovery, if any of you would like to send any wisdom my way....my husband is legally blind and doesn't drive, and we travel/live full-time in an RV, so this has become quite a project! I'm basically going to be recovering in the parking lot of the hospital in Scottsdale, AZ! I was told no driving for one week, so hope that is the case! Dr. said the few steps in our RV should not be a problem. She said to expect overnight in the hospital, did mention very slight elevated risk of need for transfusion due to low blood count, which pretty much freaked me out. I can't donate ahead of time for myself, due to the blood count again, but husband and I both got typed, just in case, to see if he could donate. Anyway, I feel pretty much nuts, crying all the time, depressed, anxious, grinding my teeth in my sleep, lightheaded, ringing in ears from time to time. Sigh. Will I make it through this??

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register