I'm An Insomniac! - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm An Insomniac! I'm An Insomniac!

Unread 03-13-2002, 05:43 AM
It might get better with time

Amy,

I too had to take Lupron and was ready to quit after my first shot. The side effects were horrible and I certainly would not recommend the drug to anyone unless they really needed it. However, since you are already taking it, I can give you at least a little good news. My side effects didn't go away but i found that after my second shot (2nd month), my body began to adjust and my life got a little better. I know that I was at least able to sleep.

Brandi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 06:55 AM
I'm An Insomniac!

The doc gave me Trazodone to help me sleep.. just hope it works!

Amy
Unread 03-13-2002, 08:01 AM
Try skipping the tea.

Hi Amy. I've had bouts of insomnia too. Definitely when I was on Lupron. I love that lemon soother tea but, I found I had better luck going to sleep when I didn't have it at night. I switched to hot water with a little lemon juice in it and had the same problem. Maybe it's the citrus???? I don't know. Good luck with the new sleep aids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2002, 08:13 AM
Lupron & Trazadone

Hi,

I have been on Lupron injections for 4 months, I really haven't had any bad side effects. Sorry. But becouse of other health problems I have been on Trazadone for a year. For a while I had to take 1-2 pills every night. It worked great! and no groggyness in the morning. Now I only need to take it 4-7 times a month and I DID NOT! suffer ANY withdrawl symptoms. As far as I know it is non habit forming. I hope this helps with any fears you might have about taking Trazadone. Good luck.

Debbie
Unread 03-13-2002, 12:12 PM
Trazodone helped me

Amy, the Trazodone really does help me. I haven't had any trouble with it at all. It puts me to sleep like a baby. I can't wait to hear from you tomorrow to see how you sleep tonight! I'm excited for you because I know how good it has been for me. I have been anxious because my surgery is in 7 days, so I'm thankful for my Trazodone on those sleepless nights! Let me know how you sleep tonight. I will check the post first thing in the morning. Sweet dreams tonight. God bless you, Mikki Jo

Unread 03-13-2002, 12:14 PM
For Debbie C

Hey Debbie, I see your surgery is the day after mine. GL and I pray all goes well. I hope your not as anxious as I am. Blessings, Mikki Jo

Unread 03-13-2002, 02:23 PM
Hey Sister!!

Hi Mickey Joe

You know Iam. (as anxious as you are):hair: lol. I was fine untill yesterday. I don't know why. But this is really scary. Iam so worried about the AFTER. Iam not so worried about the surgery. Just not knowing how MY BODY will react. Iam sure you are there. I don't want to scare you. Anyway, I will be saying prayers for you. Please keep in touch and let me know how it goes. Good Luck.

Debbie
Unread 03-13-2002, 03:12 PM
You Guys Are Just Wonderful!

KUDOS.... to all on this site. Without the support you all have given to me and other ladies, I would be lost (and I'm sure a lot of other women as well). I am taking a percocet (bad evil nasty cramps) right now, then a Trazodone 4 hours later. I can mix them, just as long as I wait 4 hours in between. I really hope to get some fantastic sleep tonight. With the major cramps (thanks mother nature) I have been hit with, I surely don't need to suffer from insomnia AND pain tonight. The cramps are in my abdomen and extend all the way to my back.. worst I have EVER had (next to back labor). Again, thanks for all the replies! What a fantastic bunch of people you ALL are

Unread 03-13-2002, 06:24 PM
I'm An Insomniac!

I hope you are getting very very sleepy I think you will have a good night. Just be sure and let us know in the morning. I seen one person mention Ambien to help you sleep. And they're right, it's really good. But my problem was so ongoing I couldn't afford to get addicted to the Ambien, so thats why my dr gave me Trazodone. Sometimes, late at night, it has been a dear friend. Just me and Traz. lol Well, I will let you go. God bless you, have a good and restful night. Hugs to you, Mikki Jo
Unread 03-14-2002, 05:05 AM
YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I love the Trazodone! I took it at 9 last night, and by 10 I was out like a light! Didn't wake up at all during the night, and slept a full 8 hours. This stuff was great. Might have to take it for a few nights to get myself back in a pattern tho! Thanks for hanging in there with me everyone, and offering all the great advice.

If it weren't for the Trazodone, I wouldn't of had been in a good mood at all this morning. Thanks to it, I feel pretty gosh darn good!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register